Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Our November list...a work in progress

  1. #11
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    When you are at the Amsterdam Manor Tulip is within walking distance of the Mango's is right there for dinners and Passions beach bar for lunch. I've heard wonderful things about the takeout seafood at Superfood.

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,927
    lisa....are you speaking of the fish counter inside Superfood or the fish store that is separate and to the right side of Superfood main entrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    When you are at the Amsterdam Manor Tulip is within walking distance of the Mango's is right there for dinners and Passions beach bar for lunch. I've heard wonderful things about the takeout seafood at Superfood.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    The latter...

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I forgot to add there is a food truck near La cabana that we hope to find. Anyone know what Im talking about?
    Yes, Mama's food truck or something like that. Ate lunch almost everyday and brought to the Palapa on the beach. Very reasonable and tasty home cooked food to go. Can get very crowded because all the local employees come there and they run out of food quick. I learned to line up and be patient like the locals while chatting with them. Had some kingfish steaks with bone in adn was awesome.

  5. #15
    Senior Member ~Amy~®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    We have used the fish store (called Daily Fish) that is attached to Super Food but the entrance is on the outside and it's a separate store. We got some shrimp there on a couple of occasions to make shrimp cocktail but there are other fish looked good as well - saw some nice ahi tuna that we should have gone back for and some good looking sushi. Will definitely be back on our next trip!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  6. #16
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    We have used the fish store (called Daily Fish) that is attached to Super Food but the entrance is on the outside and it's a separate store. We got some shrimp there on a couple of occasions to make shrimp cocktail but there are other fish looked good as well - saw some nice ahi tuna that we should have gone back for and some good looking sushi. Will definitely be back on our next trip!
    Do they cook the fish/shrimp for you or do you take it back and cook yourself?

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,927
    Thx lisa

  8. #18
    Senior Member ~Amy~®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Do they cook the fish/shrimp for you or do you take it back and cook yourself?
    We took it back and cooked it ourselves - shrimp cocktail is easy. There were a few pre-cooked items there but I can't remember exactly what they were since we were looking for uncooked.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  9. #19
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177

  10. #20
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,501
    Thanks! Lots of great info as always!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO