Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Our restaurant picks for 8/11-25

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate your input.

Aruba since 1979
    one of the many good things about this forum is that folks are respectful and all opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

ultimately trebor has some decisions to make.

LOL. OK all the names in a hat and draw the winner from there. Let's blame it on the hat! Unless it's perfect and then it's all about the research that I did!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I would put Marina Pirata at the bottom of the list as far as "excellent food". Yes, it's good food and the prices are reasonable but it's not in the same category as the other 3 as far as food. I would pay for a taxi to the other 3 but not for Mirana Pirata if you're looking for the whole experience with upscale food.
    A differing opinion from the valued member I've quoted...... I loved the food and atmosphere at Marina Pirata.

When I saw the prices on their menu I thought "this can't be all that great". However, they proved me wrong. Loved the food, loved the setting. IMO....worth the taxi ride and better than Marandi's.

So many opinions....that's why there are so many restaurants! Not everyone is looking for the same thing.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    And here's where opinons differ....

If paying for a taxi to Marandi, Marina Pirata, Barefoot, and Pinchos, I would put Marina Pirata at the bottom of the list as far as "excellent food". Yes, it's good food and the prices are reasonable but it's not in the same category as the other 3 as far as food. I would pay for a taxi to the other 3 but not for Mirana Pirata if you're looking for the whole experience with upscale food. Again, just my opinion (and yes, I can be a food snob at times...but I'm also comfortable having a great pizza on occasion, too. LOL!)

And if you want some waterfront dining experiences without the hefty taxi fare, you could also consider Matthew's and Passions which are both located in the low rise hotel area.
    A differing opinion from the valued member I've quoted...... I loved the food and atmosphere at Marina Pirata.

When I saw the prices on their menu I thought "this can't be all that great". However, they proved me wrong. Loved the food, loved the setting. IMO....worth the taxi ride and better than Marandi's.

Guess, I'll cross B55 off the list, maybe I'll replace it with Queens Bar when we're in town shopping? Also, I have a gift certificate for Gianni's, we'll go cause I won't want to waste $100, but I haven't been hearing a lot of positives. With low expectations maybe it will work out.

Aruba since 1979
    There are a scattering of good reviews for giannis altho not a bunch.
    :-(

Giannis was jam packed every night we walked by in June. By far the busiest restaurant we were in besides Marina Pirata and Passions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I'll replace it with Queens Bar when we're in town shopping?
    Queen's Bar? Where is it and what do they specialize in?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

where is cooks in relation to radisson ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast