Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Papiamento

Papiamento

We dined at Papiamento restaurant for the first time last week. The restaurant is visually outstanding, very nice atmosphere and we dined right next to the pool which was kind of neat.
    My wife enjoyed her dinner immensely, however I was not a huge fan of the "on the stone". They bring your food to you on an extremely hot stone still cooking which is a neat idea, however there is no room on the rest of the "plate" to do anything. They only give you a small bread plate to move the food onto. The food was so hot temperature wise I couldn't hardly enjoy it at all. Very disappointing.
    I love hot sauce, in fact I'm known as Iron Man at a local restaurant because I've been the only one to finish the spicy dish they serve. The "Mermaid" which I ordered came with a spicy papaya sauce that was pretty hot, but on top of the temperature of the food I was soaking wet 5 minutes after starting the meal.
    No clue why they don't use larger plates, my shrimp was actually burnt by the time I finished eating.
    I'll go again only because my wife will make me, but I'll eat ahead of time and just get a salad.

Aruba since 1979
    my husband and i do not like the hot stone cooking either.
    we find it HOT....food seems to overcook and we are sitting there sweating miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    We dined at Papiamento restaurant for the first time last week. The restaurant is visually outstanding, very nice atmosphere and we dined right next to the pool which was kind of neat.
    My wife enjoyed her dinner immensely, however I was not a huge fan of the "on the stone". They bring your food to you on an extremely hot stone still cooking which is a neat idea, however there is no room on the rest of the "plate" to do anything. They only give you a small bread plate to move the food onto. The food was so hot temperature wise I couldn't hardly enjoy it at all. Very disappointing.
    I love hot sauce, in fact I'm known as Iron Man at a local restaurant because I've been the only one to finish the spicy dish they serve. The "Mermaid" which I ordered came with a spicy papaya sauce that was pretty hot, but on top of the temperature of the food I was soaking wet 5 minutes after starting the meal.
    No clue why they don't use larger plates, my shrimp was actually burnt by the time I finished eating.
    I'll go again only because my wife will make me, but I'll eat ahead of time and just get a salad.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    I've tried hot stone cooking in both Belize & St. Maarten, and was not a fan. I'm not inspired to give it another try, here.

First time we went to Papiamento (1996) we tried the "cooking on the stone" since it was new for us. We didn't like it for all of the reasons stated above.

But we still go back to Papiamento about every other year or so and just choose items from their menu that are not cooked on the stone which are very good!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We've been to Papiamento's but haven't tried the stone. Is it like the stones at LePetit??
    We really enjoy that there.

We also go to Papipamento's every year and love it. I had the stone once and was not crazy about it, but other menu items I tried were amazing.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Papiamento's is always our favorite for the best dinner and atmosphere. We've had good and not-so-good luck with the stones -- the fish, especially, can get overcooked very quickly. Everything else is consistently awesome!

Did you read the signs in the bathroom? Pretty crazy! It was too hot there for me. When we went the trees were raining weird things.