Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Papiamento or Madame Jeanette

I wouldn't call MJ a "An overpriced Tourist Trap", in fact I think it is one of the better restaurants in Aruba. I have always had a great meal and a great experience while dinning there. As Aruba-Mark said, MJ does never disappoints.

Love MJ's , we go every year for our Anniversary. Always a great meal .

Aruba since 1979
    as always on this site, i send kudos to forum members for being polite and respectful and honoring each other's opinions.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I wouldn't call MJ a "An overpriced Tourist Trap", in fact I think it is one of the better restaurants in Aruba. I have always had a great meal and a great experience while dinning there. As Aruba-Mark said, MJ does never disappoints.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Retagger;280184]I wouldn't call MJ a "An overpriced Tourist Trap", in fact I think it is one of the better restaurants in Aruba. I have always had a great meal and a great experience while dinning there. As Aruba-Mark said, MJ does never disappoints.[/QUOTE

I would never call MJ's a tourist trap either. My definition of a restaurant that is a tourist trap is a restaurant that their price of food is not in par with their quality of food. Madame Janettes is not one of those restaurants. I have been going to MJ's for many years. What my family and I have experienced over the years at MJ's is that their quality food is top notch and that is what is important to my family. I haven't been to Quinta del Carmen yet since it opened after I left on Dec. 2nd. When I checked out QDC menu they are up there in price also. I will eventually experience QDC but as long as MJ's is around they will always be on my list of "to go restaur

PS Yes Andrea everyone has their own opinion.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 08-27-2015 at 01:46 AM.

I wish there was an auto response to MJ queries that points posters to the myriad of threads on the topic. We've beaten it to death!

New topic: "Taco Bell: Fine Dining - Agree or Disagree?"

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    With ya 100%

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I wish there was an auto response to MJ queries that points posters to the myriad of threads on the topic. We've beaten it to death!

New topic: "Taco Bell: Fine Dining - Agree or Disagree?"

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    as always on this site, i send kudos to forum members for being polite and respectful and honoring each other's opinions.
    thanks
    I agree Andrea.

Obviously there are those who think that MJs never disappoints. That's fine and perfectly reasonable, however, I would suggest that really means "never has disappointed them".

We, CindyO and I, used to feel that way until we had a "1" night from a scale of "1 to 10". Had it been a "5" we would have tried again; but a "1", coupled with a self-riteous response from their chef/owner/manager to our concerns, ended the decade-old plus honeymoon we had with them. Yes, I stand by my "overpriced tourist trap" opinion, but this will be my last MJ post for two reasons: (1) I think I'm getting boring on this subject and (2) I don't care to give them any more free advertising, be it good or bad. MJs is dead to me.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RhoKnuckles View Post
    For the last night in Aruba for my girlfriend and I (going to propose at Passions during sunset) was thinking between MJ and Papiamento. I've been to Mjs years ago and friends recommended Papiamento. Are they similar, they both look nice and was wondering between opinions.
    Good luck with both the proposal and choosing the best restaurant for you! I haven't been to Papiamento so can't compare, but do highly recommend MJ's.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

You seem very nice ... I know she will say a big "YES" with happy tears to follow...

I like Taco Bell too ! Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12