Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Papiamento Restaurant

Has anyone been to Papiamento lately and if so how was the food and service. We love the atmosphere but the last couple of times we were there the food has been poor and service extermely slow. Took at least a half hour to get a salad. Any feeback would be appreciated. Thanks

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs down

my husband, son and i used to love the "papiemento restaurant". that scenario ended in about 2004.

in the spring of 2004 we had dinner there and the meal, service and atmosphere was deplorable.

we then gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it again in the fall or 2004 and it was just as bad. took over 15 minutes for the wait person to even come by to offer us water or take a beverage order. we left in disgust after 45 minutes of being ignored and having no menus brought to us.

our friends that travel to aruba 2x a year for 4 weeks a shot
    had a miserable experience there just a few weeks ago and they too swore of "papiemento".

what happend to the "old reliables?" papiemento, old conucu house, french steakhouse and gasparito?

every one of these places IMO have gone way downhill over the last 4 or 5 yrs. (longer for old conucu)
    i miss the great food and the great service that those places used to have.

i wish that my feedback was more positive. sorry.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaLLC View Post
    Has anyone been to Papiamento lately and if so how was the food and service. We love the atmosphere but the last couple of times we were there the food has been poor and service extermely slow. Took at least a half hour to get a salad. Any feeback would be appreciated. Thanks

Smile

We ate there 2 weeks ago. We had the big steak on a 500 degree stone. We give this place a 10. It was excellent!!!! This was our first time there. We heard so many people tell us it was there favorite place. I think you will really enjoy it.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    great to hear that your experience was good

i was so disappointed in that place and we had loved it so much!

maybe..........we will have to give it another try in january.....papiemento was really one of our faves.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    We ate there 2 weeks ago. We had the big steak on a 500 degree stone. We give this place a 10. It was excellent!!!! This was our first time there. We heard so many people tell us it was there favorite place. I think you will really enjoy it.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ditto with andrea's comments....I will add, we probably will never go back, service was bad, real bad, and that pool was the most discusting looking thing I had ever seen. Glad to hear someone enjoyed it, becuz it did have the potential of being a nice place....

We ate there in August 2007 and everything was great. It's one of our favorite restaurants and we've never had a bad experience. We go there every year. We will be going there in a few days so I will let you know if anything had changed.

we were there this past may for first time and the service,food and atmosphere were amazing

I was there together with Sabine 1 month ago. I've experienced the service to be really good, very friendly and timely. I did not like the plastic chairs even though they were 'hidden' under white cloths. The pool gave the ambiance a nice feeling and was nice and clean. The food was not good though. We expected more taste and more flavor. It definitively lacked that. We had a ok night but will not go there anymore. This is based on the food.

Love Alto Vista chapel and the California light house!!!
    Being a ’novice’ at this…is anyone able to shed some light on whether these restaurant who offer poor/average food and services get to see a ’snap shot’ of comments posted here? I’m thinking if they saw the slip in standards in B & W it may give them the opportunity to pull their socks up and to stay ahead of their game!!!
    Chris
    "Land of the rising smile"
    www.arubarainbowvilla.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast