Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Papiamento, still worth it?

We will do MJ again because we have not been in a few years. Should we go to Papiamento? We will have our 7 1/2 and 5 1/2yos with us on our exciting 16 day vacation.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

Aruba since 1979
    Papiamento Restaurant
    here is a review on Papiamento (but it not recent)

Papiamento is the place with the garden and pool setting right? Haven'e been there in many years.
    Would your kids be bored there?
    I would equate the setting as nice if not nicer than MJs……quiet and serene.
    I would guess that your kids will do just fine and be welcomed.

I have got friends that just returned from Aruba and they told me that their kids did well at MJ, were served quickly and by the time the parents were done with their entrees, the children were finishing up their dessert.
    I bet Papiamento would be very accomodating to you and the kids.

QUOTE=littlejen22;255135]We will do MJ again because we have not been in a few years. Should we go to Papiamento? We will have our 7 1/2 and 5 1/2yos with us on our exciting 16 day vacation.[/QUOTE]

FWIW I have not been to MJ since the kids were almost 3 and 1 but they are very nice. The waitress recommended a frozen lemonade and said it takes kids long to drink it and they always seem to enjoy it, worked really well. And my kids love the ambiance and the cats.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

We went to Papiamento last year. The service was excellent and the food was pretty good. It was a bit pricey but the portions were large. I never really pay attention to kid friendly foods. Just my opinion, I don't think it is the best environment for kids, but maybe if you did an earlier dinner closer to 5-6 it would be easier. I saw it more of a romantic setting. The earlier dinner setting would give you more space not necessarily having couples wanting a quiet dinner right next to you. The setting is around a pool. If your kids would be okay just looking at pool and not wanting to play, then no problem. My limited experience around younger kids tells me they would be more interested in the pool than dinner.

I wanted to add that some children are more comfortable in a formal setting. If yours are, then I would say go for it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back