Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..

Passions and Windows on Aruba

Hi all-
    My husband and I are heading to Aruba in a little less than 2 weeks.
    We have been there several times and we have been looking for places to eat that we haven't been to. I googled and came up with Windows on Aruba and Passions. I am curious how the food is obviously. And we have never done the dinner on the beach thing. My concern would be the wind? Just wanted to see if anyone else has been to Passions on the beach and how it worked out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank You!

Aruba since 1979
    Passions Restaurant
    click above link
    here is a thread of PASSIONS
    gets good reviews.

Aruba since 1979
    although "googling is great" on this site, all you have to do is use the SEARCH feature on the left menu.

example, you have question re: windows and passions.
    you can type in those 2 words on the search and see what comes up.

i like to see folks using the tools provided here than to go out to google.

Quote Originally Posted by arubaislove View Post
    Hi all-
    We have been there several times and we have been looking for places to eat that we haven't been to. I googled and came up with Windows on Aruba and Passions. I am curious how the food is obviously. And we have never done the dinner on the beach thing. My concern would be the wind? Just wanted to see if anyone else has been to Passions on the beach and how it worked out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank You!

For us, Passions was an exceptional experience. Great sunset, and meal coupled with a full moon. Never had a problem with insects.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.amsterdammanor.com/downlo...DinnerMenu.pdf
    here is the menu
    QUOTE=arubaislove;191764]Hi all-
    We have been there several times and we have been looking for places to eat that we haven't been to. I googled and came up with Windows on Aruba and Passions. I am curious how the food is obviously. And we have never done the dinner on the beach thing. My concern would be the wind? Just wanted to see if anyone else has been to Passions on the beach and how it worked out. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank You! [/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrea. I am slowly learning how to navigate this site, and I just discovered the search feature, which I LOVE.
    And Snidely, your photo is beautiful, and thank you. We are going to make a reservation for Passions. I appreciate all the input!

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/passions.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wind...n%20aruba.html

These are our two favorite restaurants in Aruba. We have had dinner at Passions three times now and have never been bothered by the wind. The food is delicious and the service very attentive. Everyone should experience dinner on the beach under the stars, and in Snidely's case, under the moon at least once in a lifetime. From one of my previous reviews:
    Passions http://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort had been recommended to us by a friend and my parents last year. We thought it would be the perfect spot at which to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was so wonderful last year that we returned again this year for our anniversary.

It is very easy to imagine how beautiful a spot this is watching the sunset over the ocean while sipping your pre-dinner cocktails. We usually end up staying on the beach or at happy hour until at least 6 p.m. so prefer to eat later. Even after dark, with the stars over head and the Aruban tradewinds, this spot is a gem.

Upon arriving, Humphrey the maître d' greeted us immediately. From the ambiance to the food to the service, we again had a perfectly relaxing evening seated at table set under a palapa whose trunk was decorated by mini white lights surrounded by some torches. Our server Daniel was exceptional. Daniel even went above and beyond by jotting down some words in German for our very curious daughter.

For appetizers I again ordered the oh so delicious Caribbean Crab Salad, dh had Cold Strawberry Soup and dd, the seafood lover, ordered the Aruban Seafood Soup. Dd and I shared a Caesar Salad while adventurous dh, sampled the Tropical Watermelon Salad. Entrees were the oh so tender Filet Mignon for myself and dh and dd each ordered the "Get Together" with grouper and shrimp in a creamy spicy sauce. Dd is not fond of spicy so Daniel offered to instead top it with Mango-Passion Fruit Chutney. I am not crazy about Mango and even I thought it was yummy!

Passions has placed a portable rest room on the beach for their guests so Dd checked it out and gave it her approval.

Dessert again was amazing. Dh and I shared the Passion Surprise! For two which included Cheesecake, Tiramisu and Passion Fruit Mousse and dd had the Chocolate Brownie Sundae. Need I say we are looking forward to returning again next year for our anniversary?
    Windows on Aruba though indoors is VERY elegant. We have eaten there twice now and have had excellent service and food fit for "foodies". Again below is our review from our first visit and the second visit was just a wonderful .
    We hopped a ride aboard the Divi/Tamarijn golf cart shuttle for a ride over to the restaurant. [We were staying at the Tamarijn Resort. ] Upon arriving and having a reservation we thought it a bit odd that we were asked to have a seat at the bar while our table was readied. There were plenty of open tables. After about 10 minutes we were led to our window side table. That was what the wait for and it was worth it. We had a table overlooking the Divi Link’s island green as well the swimming pool. The entire restaurant is very elegant with beautiful floor to ceiling windows, large elaborate armed chairs and granite topped tables with linen tablecloths or linen runners.

Our dinner consisted of Tuna and teriyaki...Tuna tataki with seaweed, curry mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce as well as two orders of Scallops and mango...Grilled scallop, gratinated scallop and pan fried scallop with sea weed salad and mango papaya chutney. Entrees were two orders of Sea bass and risotto...Atlantic sea bass fillet, jumbo shrimp, spinach risotto and white wine sauce with flying fish caviar and Tenderloin and beans...US black Angus tenderloin, mashed potato, spring vegetables and a port sauce. Everything was delicious and beautiful arranged. I don’t remember what dessert consisted of, but I am sure dh and dd had something chocolate.

Wow, thank you Lisa. We are so grateful for all your input! Passions it is! We are still undecided about Windows. Our time is limited, as we have 5 dogs at home so we don't stay as long as we'd like. And now I am overwhelmed with places to eat! But Passions is one place we say everytime we go to Aruba we are going to try it and never do. So thank you so much for your reviews! Much appreciated!

Windows for Sunday brunch is awesome.

Thank you, Bill. It's weird you said that because I was just about to asking for a good brunch suggestion. Now I have one!