Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by waitnc View Post
    Amy, how far is Amsterdam Manor from the Hyatt? Could we talk there or would we have to take a taxi?
    It would be a long walk but it can be done. I would take the bus (it stops right at Amsterdam Manor) or a taxi - less than 5 minutes away by taxi/bus.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The Old Man & The Sea Restaurant Photos

See their new ad with photos - bottom of page 2 of the 10/31/08 issue:

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?...book&book_id=3

By the way, I stand by my review in the ad - it really is a great place!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Amy, Now how cool was that ! Your picture looks fabulous in the center of the ad. Everyone, check it out. I am so looking forward to going in April, that will probably be the one and only expensive meal for us, cindyo

Great Ad! Amy, did they contact you after they saw what you wrote on the bulletin board? I made reservations for this trip and I am looking forward to trying out a new restaurant.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Very nice ad, made even better by the very nice mention of Amy and her review.

Cindy & Randi - You will both love this place - very relaxing, nice dinner, romantic atmosphere...doesn't get any better!

Someone came back from Aruba early this week and told me I was in the Oct. 24th paper - I had no clue what they were talking about! So I've been watching the online Aruba Today paper since then to see if the ad popped up again - and there it was this morning!

I am very excited to go but Amy, don't you think it would have been "proper" to have contacted you about using your comments and picture?? You gave them a wonderful endorsement but perhaps you wouldn't have wanted your picture included, etc.

I just think it is a little "creepy" that they took your picture and words (which is absolutely fine) and you had no idea about it????
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ya, randi, you're right, that is kinda creepy they took your ad and didn't ask you. Well, turn it into a "free" something, dinner there perhaps Amy...

Amy, Congrats on the great picture, have to agree with Randi, I think the next visit, " great advertising, how about a free meal " , I might save the paper and bring it with me. So, help me, after eating there, would u now choose that over Passions ? Love, the thought of dining on the beach, both seem so perfect, we are not fancy food eaters, a good steak, maybe shrimp. What do you suggest ? Leaving shortly, want to make reservation ( already have one for passions ), at the time of making it, Old Man wasn't open yet, but hearing lots of great stuff.

It would have been nice if they let me know but over the years I've gotten use to the fact that things are done a little differently in Aruba so it didn't surprise me too much. Soprano's did something similar with a photo/ad a few years ago.....didn't find out about it until a month later when someone saw my photo in the paper.

Kathy - It's a tough call between the two restaurants since I love them both! I guess I would look at both of their menus and see which looks more appealing to you. The one obvious "pro" that Passions does have over The Old Man & The Sea is there is no long drive required. If you can, go to both!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast