Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Pier Bar Name?????

Okay need some help here - there is a Dutch bar on one of the piers - the furthest one from Holiday Inn/Occidential that my husband and I go to every trip and have the best time there - just saw a picture of one by the Riu and I think it's the one - my husband is now doubting me....he's normally wrong with things like this....so now we are both trying to figure out who is right - mind you, he has no idea that I'll find out first from all the smarty pants on here
    SO my question is - the pier that is right next the Riu - is there a bar at the end and is it a Dutch bar?????
    PLEASE help me prove hubby wrong - yet again!

The bar that sits on DePalm Pier located between the Radisson and the RIU is called Bugaloe.

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

that is the one!!!!! PERFECT - thank you so much Amy!

Bugaloe beach bar, my favorite place in the whole world

The bar has Dutch owners..

It is indeed a great place! We've been going there since it first opened and used to be called the Kokoa. Still love it....
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We HAVE to go there each trip - always have the time of our lives and always wonder who will fall into the water first
    Thank you again for helping me with the name!!!!
    CANNOT wait to get back there to celebrate our anniversary!

I just remembered we had a horrible experience here last December. We just had finished parasailing and thought we'd give this place a try for lunch on the walk back to our hotel. To try to keep this short, we ordered a fish and chicken sandwich. First, it took forever to arrive considering there were only two other couples there. Second, we received two fish sandwiches. I told the waitress that I ordered chicken and she said "okay" and walked away like she expected me to eat it the fish (bare in mind, I don't eat seafood). We sceptically assumed she went back to the kitchen to fix the order but she didn't. When she came back, I asked how much longer it was going to be for the chicken sandwich and she said they are out of chicken. I was never asked for a substitute or received an apology. We told her we were leaving since we didn't eat any of the food and she expected us to pay for it. There was a brief argument and we walked away and went somewhere else.

I rarely ask for a manager or owner for a resolution due to not wanting a spit sandwich. If I ever have an issue, I'll save it for a nicer restaurant with an open kitchen.

I honestly can't remember if we wrote them a formal complaint or not when we arrived home but I am sure we did.

I just thought I would mention this experience since everyone else seems to love it. I guess we got a dud.
    Next Aruba trip in