Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pier Bars In Palm Beach Comparison

Pier Bars In Palm Beach Comparison

How would you rate, compare Bugalu, Pelican Nest and Moombas?

I've only hung out at Bugalu and remember that you have to leave the pier to use the bathroom and pay a dollar which I thought was odd. I've eaten dinner there twice (usually burgers) and lunch once which I think was a steak wrap. I love their Blue Frozen drink (I forgot the actual name). Never made it for Happy Hour but then again I always stay at Eagle Beach area.

Aruba since 1979
    i have hung out numerous times at Bugaloe and enjoyed it. i have not needed to use the restroom.
    we have eaten there a few times...just munchies.

pelicans nest...it has been many years since we were there. we used to stop there for fish and fries and beer, but after a few times the food became just "meh"

moombas....it has been a couple of years and it was a good place to have a beer and a sandwich. not fine dining by any stretch of the imagination.

bugaloe is my favorite of the 3.

Pelican is our favorite of the 3. There is.a bathroom on their pier that is a marine toilet so very limited on what can be flushed. They have great drinks and appetizers. We always enjoy lunch there.

Bugaloe has has better entertainment and good sandwiches but can sometimes be harder to find A seat. I don't mind the bathroom charge because it is always kept reasonably clean for a beach bathroom.

Moomba is always a good time, but not on a pier and the food is overpriced in my opinion, for what you get. I love the drink menu and atmosphere, but go upstairs next door to Nos Clubhuis for better food and an amazing view.

Has anyone spent time on piets pier by the Hyatt? We tried on our last trip but there were no seats available. I'm wondering how it is?
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 03-16-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Bugaloe's has moved the bathroom to just before you hit the bar on the pier. I heard they charge for it like when it was off pier but last time I was there in Nov/Dec I might have gotten lucky because there was no one there to take the money and the door was unlocked.

I lean towards Bugaloe although we have enjoyed a few afternoons at Pelican Nest. For some reason, Mombas wasn’t appealing. I remember going in to check it out and not staying. Don’t think we gave them a fair shot.

Bugaloe is okay, but not spectacular. The last few times we've been there service has been terrible. I keep giving them a chance, but I'm done walking all the way down there for crappy service and so-so drinks. We enjoy the bar crowd at Pelican and everyone is probably tired of hearing me talk about how much we like Moomba. We've tried Piets, and a couple of times have been the only ones there. Bartender was friendly and poured a good drink.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    For me it depends on if its day or night. During the day Bugaloe is great due to its proximity to where we hang out on Palm and in my opinion some the best bar food of the three. They also have great entertainment at night, but seating can be tough and service is hit or miss. Pelican has great drinks and I live for the grouper sandwich but the service can be sooooooooo slooooooooooow that its not worth going there during beach time. However, after the beach and before dinner Pelican's is money. I've never been to Moomba during the day but have enjoyed more than a few nights there. Bartender's have always been great, but the atmosphere does get kind of corney for me, in a meat market kind of way. If I were 10 years younger and a whole person single-er I'd probably feel differently though lol.

I'm sure that wasn't helpful, but were my thoughts at the time.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    nice to see you curt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    For me it depends on if its day or night. During the day Bugaloe is great due to its proximity to where we hang out on Palm and in my opinion some the best bar food of the three. They also have great entertainment at night, but seating can be tough and service is hit or miss. Pelican has great drinks and I live for the grouper sandwich but the service can be sooooooooo slooooooooooow that its not worth going there during beach time. However, after the beach and before dinner Pelican's is money. I've never been to Moomba during the day but have enjoyed more than a few nights there. Bartender's have always been great, but the atmosphere does get kind of corney for me, in a meat market kind of way. If I were 10 years younger and a whole person single-er I'd probably feel differently though lol.

I'm sure that wasn't helpful, but were my thoughts at the time.

I like Bugaloe of the options. We found the food to be much better the last couple of trips. We stopped going for years because the food was really poor and the service was lacking. Make reservations at Bugaloe and it makes getting a table easy just be on time because they will give your table away if you are more than 15 min late.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Pelican is our favorite of the 3. There is.a bathroom on their pier that is a marine toilet so very limited on what can be flushed. They have great drinks and appetizers. We always enjoy lunch there.

Bugaloe has has better entertainment and good sandwiches but can sometimes be harder to find A seat. I don't mind the bathroom charge because it is always kept reasonably clean for a beach bathroom.

Moomba is always a good time, but not on a pier and the food is overpriced in my opinion, for what you get. I love the drink menu and atmosphere, but go upstairs next door to Nos Clubhuis for better food and an amazing view.

Has anyone spent time on piets pier by the Hyatt? We tried on our last trip but there were no seats available. I'm wondering how it is?
    Thanks for the correction you are right Moomba is not on a pier. I like your suggestion of Nos Clubhuis. I'm going on the black pearl next week from 4-7 and I figure I get there early around 2pm and have a drink there and some lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast