Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Pinchos live and learn

We finally made it to Pinchos! Made it for the sunset it was absolutely beautiful! I had the twin caribbean lobster tails my wife had the steak and shrimp, I forget the name of the plate but everything was absolutely delicious! Best meat I have had on the island to date!

I have only one gripe. One of my lobster tails was under cooked so I had sent it back to be put back on the grill for a few more minutes. After getting it done correctly our server approached me and said he had a special gift for me from his country. My wife and I both thought, ok, maybe they want to do something since my meal was undercooked so lets see. Well he comes back over and opens a humidor and says to pick one in which I did. I thanked him probably about 5 times and he proceeded to cut my cigar. I said that was very nice and went to give him a few bucks and he proceeded to say don't worry about it, it's on your bill. My mouth almost dropped! It was a poor approach and usually I wouldn't let something like that slide but we were having a very relaxing and enjoyable vaction and didn't want to ruin it over a cigar. BTW - It was a $25 Cohiba. Still haven't smoked it, maybe this week. Just be careful. We also noticed I was the only approached maybe it was because we were so friendly and outgoing he thought he could pull something like that off, not sure. Just an FYI.

We will return, I will mention this in joking to the manager next time and we will see how it plays out. I'll have to continue the saga in November when we return.

Arubamark-O...Just wondering if they we a little pissed because you sent food back and thought this was a way to make sure you paid for your "little mistake"....inconvenience for them having to redo your food....
    Just a thought...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Well your a lot calmer than I would have been! A gift is something you dont have to pay for... What was that all about? WOW!

Are we the only ones who have been underwhelmed by this place?
    Three different entrees last year and the food was just okay, just as good as anything we could order ala carte at the Divi/Tamarijn.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Arubamark-O...Just wondering if they we a little pissed because you sent food back and thought this was a way to make sure you paid for your "little mistake"....inconvenience for them having to redo your food....
    Just a thought...
    I should hope not. It was only one tail out of the 2 and I watched them just put it on the grill behind me. Same tail just cooked a little longer. If they were dinging me for under cooking my food then their bad! And I might have to throw someone off that pier in for a swim.

Ouucchhh! Cheap shoot from Pinchos....

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    We finally made it to Pinchos! Made it for the sunset it was absolutely beautiful! I had the twin caribbean lobster tails my wife had the steak and shrimp, I forget the name of the plate but everything was absolutely delicious! Best meat I have had on the island to date!

I have only one gripe. One of my lobster tails was under cooked so I had sent it back to be put back on the grill for a few more minutes. After getting it done correctly our server approached me and said he had a special gift for me from his country. My wife and I both thought, ok, maybe they want to do something since my meal was undercooked so lets see. Well he comes back over and opens a humidor and says to pick one in which I did. I thanked him probably about 5 times and he proceeded to cut my cigar. I said that was very nice and went to give him a few bucks and he proceeded to say don't worry about it, it's on your bill. My mouth almost dropped! It was a poor approach and usually I wouldn't let something like that slide but we were having a very relaxing and enjoyable vaction and didn't want to ruin it over a cigar. BTW - It was a $25 Cohiba. Still haven't smoked it, maybe this week. Just be careful. We also noticed I was the only approached maybe it was because we were so friendly and outgoing he thought he could pull something like that off, not sure. Just an FYI.

We will return, I will mention this in joking to the manager next time and we will see how it plays out. I'll have to continue the saga in November when we return.
    Marko, they did the same thing to us..however, we declined after that offer. It was kinda wierd though...we though how nice..now we know!!!

Arubamark,

god bless you, you have to be a calm person, if they would have done that to me, I would have to stick that cigar where the sun don't shine. sorry . I hear you about not wanting to ruin your relaxation time, but that was totally distasteful on Pinchos part, shame on them.

Mark O ,You are a much better person than me.I would have called the manager over and made him eat the cigar.Thats just not the way to take car of your customer.Good job Mark O.I quess your now an official O

LOL!!! I am far from a calm person. I can't wait to tell my wife that one! LOL! I would have usually flipped myself but since it was such a peaceful vacation without the kiddies I didn't want to ruin it on our last night so I gave them a pass. Believe you me, it will not happen when we return in November. If it happens again I am going to smoke the damn thing then play stupid that I didn't know and want it off the bill. Let that happen a few times, that will change their approach!