Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Pirate's Nest

Pirate's Nest

Heard that the former head chef at Sunset Grille moved over there so we tried it last night. Besides an absolutely wonderful setting the food was excellent. My spicy shrimp dinner was as good, if not better, than Yemanja and the steamed broccoli was perfect. The waitstaff was very attentive and helpful as well as one of the owners inquiring re the food and experience. Will definitely return!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I did hear awhile ago that that Chef Matt Boland was going to Pirates Nest. Besides being a great chef he is a lovely man. Very personable. I had some really nice pictures with him from years ago but my hard drive crashed and lost them.

Any Aruba beach...
    Yes, Matt is a very very nice man and we always enjoyed his culinary skills at the Radisson. During our last stay he was kind enough to take our dd on a tour of the kitchens ending in a snack of ... COOKIES! That was surely a hit with her! I am sure he will be an asset to the Bucuti.

In the past we would have NEVER considered eating at the Pirate's Nest because it just really was never that good. With Matt there, we will definitely be stopping by in Sept. to say hello and joining him for a few drinks after closing time.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

I'm so disappointed that we didnt try the Pirates Nest this year! We went there 2 years ago and it wasn't anything to write home about. This year we stayed at the bucuti for the 2nd week of our "weddingmoon" and we were so against going there. It wasnt until our last day that someone mentioned that the chef from Sunset Grille was there.

Yemanja's food is excellent, a bit pricy though. But you can't beat the atmosphere at Pirates Nest. Can't wait til next year!