Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: pizza ??

Pizza Bob's!! YUM!!! Although, painfully slow service.

East coast folks will recognize Tomato Charlies style and Mid-westerns will find Pizza Bob's familiar. One comparison; you cannot fold a Pizza Bob;s slice but you can a Tomato Charlies. Personally I'd try the style you cannot get at home.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Linda's Pizza and Pancakes....delicious pizza at fabulous prizes....love the Gouda cheese on their pizza's!!

Ura Tacas Pizza Is My Favorite!!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I love the pizza at Pizza Bob's. Mulligan's at Divi Village also has really good pizza.

Pizza Bob is great but to many people, including myself have had our orders messed up time and time again so they are off our list after 24 trips to Aruba.

Lindas Pancakes pizza is our second choice but since 2 months ago, you can order pizza at Club Arias in Saveneta and chef Gabriel has the BEST deals on Pizza and the best pizza on the island. If you are ever going to baby beach, you will drive right beside it and I promise, you will LOVE his pizza. I had a buffalo chicken pizza and my wife had hawaian pizza and its the best. Right now you can only take it away but soon as he gets all his permits, you will be able to dine there. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

This link to an earlier thread turned me off to Bob's.

On a different note:

I've only had pizza at Tomato Charlie's and Bob's. In both places the pizza was made on what I refer to as a giant cracker. I get the impression it's a prepared crust (possibly frozen) that they just put toppings on and put in the oven. The pizza crusts are always brittle and nothing like the chewy crisp crusts you get with pizzas at home.

Are all pizzas in Aruba like this?

We go to Casa Tua on every visit!!

Aruba since 1979
    nope
    we have found the pizza at tomato charlies to be thin, but chewy and not cracker-like.
    maybe we have caught them on a good day?

pizza bob is not to my liking, but so many of our friends love pizza bob.
    we have never been happy with any meals there.
    maybe caught them on a bad night? 3 times?

another place that gets rave reviews is casa tua downtown.
    apparently they too have nice thin crust, chewy and delicious.

lindas pizza is quite different.
    made with gouda
    and very delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    This link to an earlier thread turned me off to Bob's.

On a different note:

I've only had pizza at Tomato Charlie's and Bob's. In both places the pizza was made on what I refer to as a giant cracker. I get the impression it's a prepared crust (possibly frozen) that they just put toppings on and put in the oven. The pizza crusts are always brittle and nothing like the chewy crisp crusts you get with pizzas at home.

Are all pizzas in Aruba like this?

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Pizza Bob is great but to many people, including myself have had our orders messed up time and time again so they are off our list after 24 trips to Aruba.
    Have had similar issues with Pizza Bob's over the years and have finally decided "never again".

We now go to Linda's or Casa Tua (Casa Tua has more toppings to our liking like Goat Cheese.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast