Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: "Pizza and More " A hidden Italian gem

"Pizza and More " A hidden Italian gem

Well, I am surprised. I have done a lot of international travel, including a stint where I worked in Italy. I have had the privelege of eating at all sorts of restaurants...good and bad.

Through a friend of ours in Italy, we learned of a relatively new Italian Pizzeria in Oranjestaad operated by an Italian couple. We decide to make a visit as we had to go into Oranjestaad on some other business. Firstly, let me say that finding the Pizzeria is a little difficult. It is called Pizza and More and is located on Caya Betico Croes 63 Mainstreet. At present it is necessary to walk to the pizzeria (which is a couple of doors from Maggys) as the construction of the street car tracks prevent driving. Do not be put off by this!!!!!!

The Pizzeria is somewhat small, but spotlessly clean and furnshed in a basic manner. The food is really well priced, as is the wine and beer.

All of the food is REAL Italian and prepared on premise. We sampled the pizza which was served on a wooden platter with wooden plates to eat from. It was accompanied by homemade Focacia Bread to die for. Again made on the premises.

The pizza crust is like none I have ever had before. Delicious. There are about 12 different pizzas, and an assortment if lasagnes, pastas, meatballs, soups, salads. Pizzas ranged in price from personal @ $3.50 up to $14 for a large Carnivora. Main dishes are equally reasonable in prices.

I cannot find words to describe how this food was with respect to taste. they also cater full Italian meals to order.

This is a place to go find. Be careful however as they close around 8:00pm

Aruba since 1979
    Sounds wonderful. Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Well, I am surprised. I have done a lot of international travel, including a stint where I worked in Italy. I have had the privelege of eating at all sorts of restaurants...good and bad.

Through a friend of ours in Italy, we learned of a relatively new Italian Pizzeria in Oranjestaad operated by an Italian couple. We decide to make a visit as we had to go into Oranjestaad on some other business. Firstly, let me say that finding the Pizzeria is a little difficult. It is called Pizza and More and is located on Caya Betico Croes 63 Mainstreet. At present it is necessary to walk to the pizzeria (which is a couple of doors from Maggys) as the construction of the street car tracks prevent driving. Do not be put off by this!!!!!!

The Pizzeria is somewhat small, but spotlessly clean and furnshed in a basic manner. The food is really well priced, as is the wine and beer.

All of the food is REAL Italian and prepared on premise. We sampled the pizza which was served on a wooden platter with wooden plates to eat from. It was accompanied by homemade Focacia Bread to die for. Again made on the premises.

The pizza crust is like none I have ever had before. Delicious. There are about 12 different pizzas, and an assortment if lasagnes, pastas, meatballs, soups, salads. Pizzas ranged in price from personal @ $3.50 up to $14 for a large Carnivora. Main dishes are equally reasonable in prices.

I cannot find words to describe how this food was with respect to taste. they also cater full Italian meals to order.

This is a place to go find. Be careful however as they close around 8:00pm

Thanks for the info I will try them next year for sure. It's just to bad I have to wait a whole year . Thanks again.
    Next Aruba trip in

Sounds great, we love real Italian, thanks for posting...we will try it next week.

jaw
    Is the Pizzeria open in the evening, or just during daytime hours?

Aruba since 1979
    per Aquaman's post they close around 8pm.
    i looked for them in the aruba phone book but got no listing.

hope that someone on island can give us more info as to hours open and days open.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks for making me hungry (LOL)....would love to try this it sounds great. I like the idea of personal size pizza's as I always have to either pick off the toppings I don't eat or order my half different from hubby's. This way we can both have what we like ourselves, yum, yum....

I don't know where maggys is.Is it near burger king?

I just love those kinda places, thanks for the info. Staying @ an AI in november, but I will check it out in march.

Info

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    per Aquaman's post they close around 8pm.
    i looked for them in the aruba phone book but got no listing.

hope that someone on island can give us more info as to hours open and days open.
    Here is some info a few folks have PMd and asked for. Pizza and More is relatively new. Here is the phone number: 588 2333.

It is open Mon through Saturday and is ONLY open until 8:00pm

It is located behind the Renaisance Mall on Bettico Croes where the new tram tracks are being laid. Turn right and walk along by the tracks for about 800yards or so. The Pizzeria is located across the street. It is near where there is a passing area of the tram tracks ( you will see a short piece of track that has 2 sets of rails). If you reach here then you at at the Pizzeria.

For those who asked, here is a sampple from the menu:

Pizzas: Margherita, Diavola, Prosciutto, Salsiccia( Italian Sausage), Pollo, Vegetariana, Hawiana, Proscitto e Funghi, Tonno e Cipolla, Suprema, Carnivora

Pasta: Bolognese, Carbonera, Alfredo, 4-Formaggio, Amtriciana, Puttanesca, Marinara, Ai Gamberi

Lasagne: Meat, Creamy Spinach, Mushroom Sauce, Seafood, Chicken, Lasagne Salisiccia e Funghi

Soups: Onion with cheese ctoutons, Minestrone, Cream of Broccoli, Seafood, Creamy spinach, Tomato w Mediterranean Herbs, Cream of Corn, Carrot Chowder, Mediterreranean lentils, Cream of Fresh Mushroom.

Salads: Greek, Caprese, Tuna, Egg and Potato Salad, Caesar, Mediterranean

And more

I hope this answers folks questions

John

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast