Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Pizza, steaks, bagels and another other fun favorites

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar

Smile Pizza, steaks, bagels and another other fun favorites

Hi all,

My husband & I are visiting Aruba 5/2 to 5/9. One night of our vacation we'd like to have some pizza back in our room. We have a car so driving isn't an issue. Close is good. Delivery is nice but not necessary. Nothing fancy, not gourmet, just a few pizzas. We'll be eating in one night and bringing leftovers on our beach trips. Any suggestions for yummy pizza?

Next, steaks. We have a grill at the resort. My husband read, saw, heard something about Argentinian steaks. When he gets stuck on something, he just can't let it go. Of course, we'll check Ling & Sons and Superfood but wondering if someone might suggest a butcher or meat-market for some amazing steaks.

Breakfasts, we're thinking bagels and lox/nova. Can we find good bagels in Aruba? Frozen will work if it has to but if we can get some nice fresh bagels, then bonus!

Historically, we're cruisers. It was a port-of-call in Aruba last December that made us book a non-cruise vacation. Well, we were on the Cruise Critic boards one night and someone brought up Pico Bello ice cream, made in Aruba. We're told Superfood sells it. His review included photos of Dulce de Leche and Cookies and Cream. Just for the record, we WILL have Pico Bello stocked in our freezer. Does anyone else have any must-have, fun, favorite foods?

Thanks for your help!

You didn't mention where you are staying so I can't say what's close or not so here goes.

Pizza: For us, Casa Tua downtown has great pizza. They are about 12" pizzas. Parking can be tough but it would work if you drove there and the passenger jumped out to pick up the pizzas. http://www.casatuaaruba.com/casa-tua...pizzas-pastas/

We've bought some excellent ribeyes at Ling and Sons. I don't know where the steers grew up. I'm not aware of butcher shops in Aruba.

You can buy bagels at the supermarkets, Ling's and Superfoods. They have cream cheese but I'm not sure about lox. Carambola at Paradise beach Villas serves breakfast. The bagels and lox there is pretty good. Or, you could go here http://www.dushibagelsandburgers.com/home

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Pizza Bobs at the Costa Linda has excellent pizza and salads. Don't know of a butcher shop or where Lings gets their beef.
    For breakfast you can get fresh bagels at Dushi Bagel. There is one in front of Casa Del Mar and one near Playa Linda. If you want a real breakfast, Matthews at Casa Del Mar offers beachfront breakfast for less than $8. Their web site shows their breakfast menu.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    You didn't mention where you are staying so I can't say what's close or not so here goes.

Pizza: For us, Casa Tua downtown has great pizza. They are about 12" pizzas. Parking can be tough but it would work if you drove there and the passenger jumped out to pick up the pizzas. http://www.casatuaaruba.com/casa-tua...pizzas-pastas/

We've bought some excellent ribeyes at Ling and Sons. I don't know where the steers grew up. I'm not aware of butcher shops in Aruba.

You can buy bagels at the supermarkets, Ling's and Superfoods. They have cream cheese but I'm not sure about lox. Carambola at Paradise beach Villas serves breakfast. The bagels and lox there is pretty good. Or, you could go here http://www.dushibagelsandburgers.com/home
    Oh jeez, Andy, I forgot to mention where we're staying. Sorry. We'll be at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort.

Casa Tua, that was an option. Now I'm intrigued. Had good reviews and your suggestion helps.

Ribeyes, mmmm, my fave! We'll definitely check out Ling & Sons. Thanks.

Dushi Bagels and Burgers. Wow! Hadn't heard of that before but I feel quite confident we'll try it at least once. What a menu! YUM!

We really appreciate your suggestions. The links were helpful too! Thank you so much!

Aruba since 1979
    my favorite Pizza on Aruba is downtown on Main St (trolley route) Pizza N More.
    Delicious, thin crust.

agree with Andy about Lings rib eyes!!!

Lings and Super foods both have ok bagels.

what we do, and it might not be your cup of tea.......panera bread (not in aruba) has bakers dozen on tuesdays for $7.
    today i bought a couple of dozen, had them sliced and i divided them up now in freezer , and will bring some to Aruba and some for here.

cannot help you re: the lox/nova.

my favorite aruba bakery is Le Delizza in the Noord neighborhood.
    awesome breads and pastries. no bagels though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Hi all,

My husband & I are visiting Aruba 5/2 to 5/9. One night of our vacation we'd like to have some pizza back in our room. We have a car so driving isn't an issue. Close is good. Delivery is nice but not necessary. Nothing fancy, not gourmet, just a few pizzas. We'll be eating in one night and bringing leftovers on our beach trips. Any suggestions for yummy pizza?

Next, steaks. We have a grill at the resort. My husband read, saw, heard something about Argentinian steaks. When he gets stuck on something, he just can't let it go. Of course, we'll check Ling & Sons and Superfood but wondering if someone might suggest a butcher or meat-market for some amazing steaks.

Breakfasts, we're thinking bagels and lox/nova. Can we find good bagels in Aruba? Frozen will work if it has to but if we can get some nice fresh bagels, then bonus!

Historically, we're cruisers. It was a port-of-call in Aruba last December that made us book a non-cruise vacation. Well, we were on the Cruise Critic boards one night and someone brought up Pico Bello ice cream, made in Aruba. We're told Superfood sells it. His review included photos of Dulce de Leche and Cookies and Cream. Just for the record, we WILL have Pico Bello stocked in our freezer. Does anyone else have any must-have, fun, favorite foods?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-21-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Pizza Bobs at the Costa Linda has excellent pizza and salads. Don't know of a butcher shop or where Lings gets their beef.
    For breakfast you can get fresh bagels at Dushi Bagel. There is one in front of Casa Del Mar and one near Playa Linda. If you want a real breakfast, Matthews at Casa Del Mar offers beachfront breakfast for less than $8. Their web site shows their breakfast menu.
    Thanks Arubabob. We're gonna check out your suggestions too. All these help so much. With so much fanfare for Dushi Bagel, I can't see us not stopping in at least once. What a nice menu they have with delicious looking food. Going to check out Matthews at Casa Del Mar website now... sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my favorite Pizza on Aruba is downtown on Main St (trolley route) Pizza N More.
    Delicious, thin crust.

agree with Andy about Lings rib eyes!!!

Lings and Super foods both have ok bagels.

what we do, and it might not be your cup of tea.......panera bread (not in aruba) has bakers dozen on tuesdays for $7.
    today i bought a couple of dozen, had them sliced and i divided them up now in freezer , and will bring some to Aruba and some for here.

cannot help you re: the lox/nova.

my favorite aruba bakery is Le Delizza in the Noord neighborhood.
    awesome breads and pastries. no bagels though.

Hi Andrea. We certainly have quite the choices now. We'll check out Pizza n More.

As for steaks, I'm always up for a good ribeye and boy, can my husband grill! We'll check out Lings for our meats.

Yes, we have a Panera here in Florida too. It's a great idea but we're not sure about the weight in our luggage this trip. Otherwise, I think that's a great idea about bringing some over.

Thanks for the advice on Le Delizza. I love pastries and baked goods. That was one thing that caught my attention when we made a quick stop in to Superfood on our 8-hour visit in December. They were advertising an amazing-looking pastry on their TV in the grocery store but I was in too much of a hurry to be able to check out their bakery. I also love the Noord area so yes, I want to go there and check it out. Le Delizza. THANK YOU!

I thought you were in Aruba already. So you're going to be there soon? How much time do you spend in Aruba, if you don't mind my asking. Also, where are you from? You're a wealth of knowledge on these boards!

Aruba since 1979
    re: weight luggage.
    we fly SWA and allowed 2 checked bags each free (included in airfare)

we bring a carry on each with clothes and toiletries and computers/ipads etc
    we really have been bringing very few clothes.
    just enough for 6 days each and we do laundry 2x.

we check a bag or 2 usually of some frozen prepared dinners and other things.

i am originally from MA (Waltham)
    DH from Watertown MA

we retired in 2008, moved to tampa bay FL area in April 2010

We get to Aruba for about 30 days a year.
    usually in May and November.

we used to go in the winter and in August, but we do not like leaving FL during the peak of
    hurricane season so we have given up the August trips.

wealth of knowledge...thank you....but, not really, but i do like researching topics and trying to find answers for forum members.

enjoy your trip!
    we'll be there 6th - 19th

Hi Andrea. We certainly have quite the choices now. We'll check out Pizza n More.

As for steaks, I'm always up for a good ribeye and boy, can my husband grill! We'll check out Lings for our meats.

Yes, we have a Panera here in Florida too. It's a great idea but we're not sure about the weight in our luggage this trip. Otherwise, I think that's a great idea about bringing some over.

Thanks for the advice on Le Delizza. I love pastries and baked goods. That was one thing that caught my attention when we made a quick stop in to Superfood on our 8-hour visit in December. They were advertising an amazing-looking pastry on their TV in the grocery store but I was in too much of a hurry to be able to check out their bakery. I also love the Noord area so yes, I want to go there and check it out. Le Delizza. THANK YOU!

I thought you were in Aruba already. So you're going to be there soon? How much time do you spend in Aruba, if you don't mind my asking. Also, where are you from? You're a wealth of knowledge on these boards!

Hi all,

Thanks for your help!
    if you're willing to drive, "G&G Pizza" for wings and great pizza (pizza being subjective - Canadians and Americans seem to differ on what makes a good pizza).

For fresh bagels, we bought from "Bright Bakery" on our last trip and they were wonderful. Call ahead though as I'm not sure they make them every day.

As for Argentinian steak... Most of the restaurants use South American beef due to proximity. We've had great steaks at "Flying Fishbone", "Barefoot", "Quinta Del Mar" and "Gostoso" (all reviewed in the Culinary forum) - call in advance and ask if the beef is specifically from Argentina.

Both Superfood and Ling's have butchers on the premises so I'd say speak to them in person for specifics.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I have to go with Pizza n More downtown. Its not that hard to find once you figure it out. We go there at least twice. Casa Tua across from Radisson is excellent but Pizza & More is the best. Its a no frills place, pizza is cheap and its excellent. We figured out (thanks to a local who gave us a short cut) how to find it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast