Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Pizza, steaks, bagels and another other fun favorites

Andrea,
    this bakery looks awesome. I found a video from Dan in an old post about this place. I stay at the Surf Club. Can you tell me which is the main road in Noord mentioned?
    Thanks

QUOTE=Andrea J.;272708]my favorite Pizza on Aruba is downtown on Main St (trolley route) Pizza N More.
    Delicious, thin crust.

agree with Andy about Lings rib eyes!!!

Lings and Super foods both have ok bagels.

what we do, and it might not be your cup of tea.......panera bread (not in aruba) has bakers dozen on tuesdays for $7.
    today i bought a couple of dozen, had them sliced and i divided them up now in freezer , and will bring some to Aruba and some for here.

cannot help you re: the lox/nova.

my favorite aruba bakery is Le Delizza in the Noord neighborhood.
    awesome breads and pastries. no bagels though.[/QUOTE]

Aruba since 1979
    the main road is not the road that the surf club is on.

here are the directions from the surf club:

go out of the surf club parking and go right.

at the busy insection where there are traffic lights and McDonalds turn LEFT onto Palm Beach Rd

follow Palm Beach Rd to another intersection with traffic lights. (St Anne's church will be ahead and on the right)
    turn LEFT at those lights.

you are NOW on the road as LeDelizza bakery.
    It is about a mile up on the right...not too far after the urgent care clinic (which is on the left)

driving time from Surf Club without traffic....maybe 7 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Squan66 View Post
    Andrea,
    this bakery looks awesome. I found a video from Dan in an old post about this place. I stay at the Surf Club. Can you tell me which is the main road in Noord mentioned?
    Thanks

QUOTE=Andrea J.;272708]my favorite Pizza on Aruba is downtown on Main St (trolley route) Pizza N More.
    Delicious, thin crust.

agree with Andy about Lings rib eyes!!!

Lings and Super foods both have ok bagels.

what we do, and it might not be your cup of tea.......panera bread (not in aruba) has bakers dozen on tuesdays for $7.
    today i bought a couple of dozen, had them sliced and i divided them up now in freezer , and will bring some to Aruba and some for here.

cannot help you re: the lox/nova.

my favorite aruba bakery is Le Delizza in the Noord neighborhood.
    awesome breads and pastries. no bagels though.
    [/QUOTE]

Love Pizza N More downtown, we go at least once per trip. A side note: I love Memma too, she and I weathered out Hurricane Andrew in Miami about 20 years ago.

Thank you. This will be on my list for January/February.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Happy Sunday everyone! I've been late in responding lately as my husband and I have both been under the weather. Hopefully it'll pass before next Saturday when we board that plane to ARUBA!

We have SO many choices, decisions to make. Wow! Thanks for all the feedback.

We've decided so far that we must try Pizza N More at least once and possibly Pizza Bobs if we decide on pizza twice. While I was really wanting to try Dushi Bagels, Andrea, you had a great idea about bring some bagels from home. We're thinking we'll have the weight allowance in our luggage to pack up some bagels from home as we'll be bringing a few more incidentals, i.e. kosher salt for steaks, coffee, stevia, creamer, ketchup, mustard. What we don't use up of these things while in Aruba we'll leave in our room. This will allow us room and weight in our luggage to bring fun things back from Aruba for friends and family, like chocolate. Figured the cost of things in Aruba are higher than in the states, why spend the extra money there when we can bring small amounts from home? Thanks for the idea, Andrea.

And again, thanks to everyone for their advice, suggestions too. Aside from the pizza and steaks, we'll probably be eating the rest of our dinners and some lunches out. We're going to wing it. See what sounds good and what's around where we happen to be at the time. We understand there are some pretty good restaurants within our resort. Since we chose the not all-inclusive option, we're told we can buy vouchers from our concierge to eat at the resort restaurants. We may end up doing that. After exploring the island throughout most days and having such a beautiful resort under our noses, I imagine we'll spend some evenings close-by. Do some lounging/swimming at the resort too. We'll see. We just know it's going to be a good time!

Lewny1, you mention you have a timeshare at Divi Golf & Beach. While we understand Aruba is low in crime, we will be bringing some jewelry and some cash with us. We're told there are safes in each room. Is that accurate? Would we be safe leaving our things in the room safe while we're out beaching it? We have one of the one-bedroom villas. Hoping we're lucky enough to get one of the few with the rooftop private Jacuzzi and grill. Our TA requested it for us.

6 days and counting!

If you feeling better like having fish try Wacky Wahoo?The grouper Aruba style is fantastic and the people that serve you are great.

Check out the daily aruba newspaper that the resort usually have in the lobby for free. There is always advertisement of different restaurants, specials etc.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Check out the daily aruba newspaper that the resort usually have in the lobby for free. There is always advertisement of different restaurants, specials etc.
    Ahhhhhh, that's good to know, thank you.

my first post, this is Robert!
    Last edited by LeaveTheKidsWithMom; 04-26-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Every where you turn, there will be colorful complimentary magazines that are filled with full page ads for restaurants. Pretty pictures of food and sample menus. There's one called 'Destinations' and another smaller format one. The name escapes me.

Is "Destinations" the magazine you get before the flight to Aruba? There is a magazine that is handed out before you board (at least in Charlotte, Atlanta and Miami) that has a lot of restaurants listed, some sample menus, and other ads, I think I'm talking about the same one as Andy (look for it at the gate before you board).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast