Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Places we ate

Places we ate

This trip we at at Casa Tua twice for pizza and salad. One night at MJ's had the sesa bass it was great as usual some in crowd got lamb some steak, another night we dined at Chalet Suise I may have to say this was the best meal of the whole trip.for all. I got the lamb here and onion soup was to die for.. Another night was Texas de Brazil I loved the salad bar it was awesome as far as the steak didn't really care for it to raw and salty pretty much all in our party felt the same way wished we could have gotten cheaper price and just had the salad bar.. We dined at Sole mare had the pasta in cheese bowl (one of our fav's) it was good as usual. We had breakfast one morning at Linda Pancakes first time there would definately go back it was awesome.. Another night at Smokey joes never dissappointed with the ribs there and of course the fried oreos are to die for. Then the last night there we went to papillion it was very very nice the dinner was fabulous our waiter I think forgot to put our meals in while we had our appetizers (got the escargot) so it took a bit longer than it should (he even came over and said Gee seems to be taking a long time.) but other than that it was terrific, meal was great had the grouper it was awesome . Also had lunch at Iguana joes in town twice for a salad was typical... all in all not really a bad meal

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

We have been fregenting some of the "local" places. All have been great. Cafe Capri,Hot Take Away and Lings.Much more reasonable prices incredibly good food

Will have to try them next trip...

[/url]

"...we dined at Chalet Suise I may have to say this was the best meal of the whole trip.for all. I got the lamb here and onion soup was to die for.."
    I wish I would have gotten some suggestions on what to order. I've seen Chalet Suisse recommended, but had never eaten there. We made a last minute reservation, and even our concierge said it was her favorite restaurant. My husband and I didn't dislike our choices, but they weren't up to our expectations, and obviously, we're in the minority, so I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone else from eating there. The exception was the the Lobster Bisque. While I was savoring every morsel, I kept thinking about the Soup Man on Seinfeld, and how people lined up down the block for his soup. It had a few delicious lumps of lobster (I would have liked a few more to round out the soup), but the soup base itself was out of this world delicious. We'll definitely go back next trip, but I think I'll go with a salad and a big bowl of Lobster Bisque, rather than the cup that I had as a starter. My mouth is watering thinking about it.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Welcome home, see you at work this week now it's my turn, leaving on Saturday. Thanks for all your help

When are you are bp....this week....I am jealous I want to go back....

[/url]

We ate at the Chalet Suisse a couple of weeks ago and the meal was top notch. We hadn't been there for 7-8 years even though it's next door to our TS because of a bad experience last time we went. Our friends convinced us to join them and I'm glad we did.

It was an expensive but special night out for us. We'll go back again.

Corona is right. The lobster bisque is out of this world. It's rich and buttery and enhanced with lobster pieces.

Banned

Places we dined week of 2/6 thru 2/13

Had dinner at Marandi (first time). Atmosphere was nice, and dinner was good. Our fish dishes were a bit bland, but fresh all the same. We each ordered the salad special which was warmed goat cheese on greens. There were very few greens to accompany the cheese....and each salad cost $13.50. (I hate ordering specials..because the price is always a surprise at the end. My husband and I have a little game where we try to guess the price. Okay, get a life right?) The Dutch cookies for dessert were good as well. I'd definitely go back.

Took friends to Kaffa's one evening. I know better than to order steak anywhere but a steakhouse, but I was hungry for it. Bad choice. It wasn't bad, but not worth the price of $30 or the "red meat guilt". My husband had a chicken special that was very good. Our friends had the grouper special which they seemed to like. Probably won't go back for a while.

We dined at Que Pasa for the first time, and were not disappointed. We both ordered the almond coated grouper with a truffle sauce. Very good. Will definitely go back there.

Casa Tua pizza is always fabulous with a nice salad.

Was disapointed that Cook's wasn't open. I have read so many good things from many of you bloggers. We'll try back in April.

Last, but not least....Yemanja. This has been my most favorite restaurant on thie island since day one. We always dine there at least one time on each trip, and it does not disappoint. I really love the "wood-fired" food....and the portions are more than adequate. We splurged and ordered the dessert sampler...very very good, and worth the $12.95.

Anyway, we'll be back in April, hopefully to settle on our home....Please keep the restaurant experiences coming guys and gals!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    We ate at the Chalet Suisse a couple of weeks ago and the meal was top notch. We hadn't been there for 7-8 years even though it's next door to our TS because of a bad experience last time we went. Our friends convinced us to join them and I'm glad we did.

It was an expensive but special night out for us. We'll go back again.

Corona is right. The lobster bisque is out of this world. It's rich and buttery and enhanced with lobster pieces.
    Hi Andy. If you don't mind me asking, what were your favorite dishes at Chalet Suisse? Thanks.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Hi Andy. If you don't mind me asking, what were your favorite dishes at Chalet Suisse? Thanks.

I had the Avocado del Mar for an appetizer - A half avocado stuffed with crab and topped with a shrimp. Very good.

Lobster bisque that was outstanding.

Wiener Schnitzel - Also very good.

Apple Strudel and coffee.

Altogether an excellent meal.

My lovely wife had escargot, crab cakes and a special coffee. She thoroughly enjoyed all with a slight reservation about the crab cakes.

We were there with another couple who also enjoyed their meals. They go there every year to celebrate the anniversary of their wedding on Aruba.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast