Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please Critique my Restaurant Choices

My family and I are heading to Aruba on June 3rd for six nights. Were four adults 39, 45, 61, 65 and one child who will be 2 at the time of our trip.

Ive researched restaurants (to death it seems!) and have narrowed it down to the following:

Thursday our day of arrival, so we want to stay close to our hotel. Thinking of Gianni, Sole Mare or Azzurro

Friday Papillon

Saturday Screaming Eagle or Marandi

Sunday El Gaucho

Monday Madame Janette

Tuesday Sunset Grill or Ruinas del Mar

My son eats out with us regularly at home and tends to be well behaved, but has his moments. We plan on dining early (between 6 and 6:30). We also have NO problem removing him from a restaurant if hes acting up.

All commentary and suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    i think your choices look good
    although i have never been to some of them hahahaha
    i have been to marandi at its former location and found it just OK, nothing great.
    el gaucho is very popular, been there a few times and were not as thrilled about it as others were.

we love madam janette
    we like sole mare , but it still is not great italian. i have not found great italian food on island.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyS View Post
    My family and I are heading to Aruba on June 3rd for six nights. We’re four adults – 39, 45, 61, 65 – and one child who will be 2 at the time of our trip.

I’ve researched restaurants (to death it seems!) and have narrowed it down to the following:

Thursday – our day of arrival, so we want to stay close to our hotel. Thinking of Gianni, Sole Mare or Azzurro

Friday – Papillon

Saturday – Screaming Eagle or Marandi

Sunday – El Gaucho

Monday – Madame Janette

Tuesday – Sunset Grill or Ruinas del Mar

My son eats out with us regularly at home and tends to be well behaved, but has his moments. We plan on dining early (between 6 and 6:30). We also have NO problem removing him from a restaurant if he’s acting up.

Thanks, Andrea! I do not have high expectations for Italian, but figured we'd give it a shot and stick to something simple.

I'm really torn on Marandi, primarily because it seems to be deemed a "romantic" restaurant and I don't want the presence of my son to be a "downer" for other diners. Not that I can't understand that....I was child-free not too long ago!

Thanks again for your comments!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My family and I are heading to Aruba on June 3rd for six nights. Were four adults 39, 45, 61, 65 and one child who will be 2 at the time of our trip.
    My comments in red

Ive researched restaurants (to death it seems!) and have narrowed it down to the following:

Thursday our day of arrival, so we want to stay close to our hotel. Thinking of Gianni, Sole Mare or Azzurro no opinion

Friday Papillon Never been, heard good things about it though

Saturday Screaming Eagle or Marandi Mirandi location location location...

Sunday El Gaucho Good choice...by far the ribs are the best thing on their menu

Monday Madame Janette Outstanding...best choice ya made here

Tuesday Sunset Grill or Ruinas del Mar Been to both, no opinion..been to RdelM more recently than Sunset grille...good both

My son eats out with us regularly at home and tends to be well behaved, but has his moments. We plan on dining early (between 6 and 6:30). We also have NO problem removing him from a restaurant if hes acting up.

Enjoy your trip...cindy

Thanks, Cindy! If anyone wants to suggest other restaurants, please free!

We love Rumba's downtown...very casual and great staff. And it isn't as expensive as some places. Sometimes its nice to go casual.

Thursday our day of arrival, so we want to stay close to our hotel. Thinking of Gianni, Sole Mare or Azzurro didn't care Sole Mare as of late but the past two times we have been to Gianni's service was very good. Food the same in all three locations as is the price

Friday Papillon went their in March and had a great meal, check the menu to see if there is anything your child will eat. Outside seating in a courtyard

Saturday Screaming Eagle or Marandi Marandi's by a "country mile". Went to both places last two trips.

Sunday El Gaucho yes

Monday Madame Janette yes

Tuesday Sunset Grill or Ruinas del Mar Ruinas del Mar is wonderful but the only issue would be if your 2 1/2 year old is up to the atmosphere? If you sit inside, I would say yes but outside is very small and unless he doesn't get restless (been there/done that) it might be a little awkward for other dinners.

Another suggestion is L.G.Smith which is a great steakhouse too. Smokey Joes is also a fantastic lively place for ribs, Pinchos is a great place as well. I think I would choose any of the above before Sunset grill or Ruinas del Mar. I think your son would enjoy Smokey Joes as it is fun and lively but so would the others in your group. You picked well.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks for all the suggestions! Maybe a more casual place would be a good idea..I'm going to look into those.

Choices in Restaurants

Hi Wendy,
    My husband and I have only gone all inclusive, but with regard to Italian I can say that the Paparazzi restaurant at the Tamarjn Hotel is excellent. Their lasagna is really good, even better than mine, Ha Ha.

Well enjoy your trip wherever you choose to dine.

Wendy, I have been to sole mare being italian its not prime, but IMO very good for island italian food.Giannis and Azzuro and sole mare are run by the same person...so any would be great Azzurro is on the beach, Giannis main strip you can eat outside. MJ's is awesome (missed dinner this past trip as their chef was killed in car accident that day)
    I think Smokey Joes or even Casa Tua (pizza) would be great with your son for a lighter atmosphere.We did El Gauchos this trip hadn't been for 15 yrs. it was a very nice meal. Nice choices I hope you go to Papillion make a reservation in advance I couldn't get in last trip was very disappointed so definately trying next year..... enjoy can't wait to hear about your trip.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast