Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Promenade

Promenade

I noticed this restaurant had a lot of good reviews online but I don't remember seeing much written about it on this forum. Please let me know your experiences and if you suggest going for the Appetizer night.

Dom
    Although I think the Promenade was better in its original location in San Nicolis, it is still very good. They now have the Appitizer night every night of the week instead of just on Friday and Saturday. The prices have gone up quite a bit, but the food is good (especially the escargot). However, service can sometimes be a bit slow.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

I have to give this place a try. I still eat at the location in San Nicolaas, which is now called Amazing. Mirna, the waitress there, is absolutely the best. But I do here good things about the location on the other side of the bridge, near Ling and Sons.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Our family of 3 tried appetizer night in June. The food, the bit we were able to sample, was wonderful . The service however was atrocious. We were all but ignored when two large tables were seated.

The first time in 15 years that I have known my husband that he actually got up from the table to find someone in management to get our drinks refilled and place an order.

He vowed never to return, but has since softened and said he might consider going for an ala carte dinner.

Smile

We ate there twice in July and it was at the top of our list. I don't think they made any money off me.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    We ate there twice in July and it was at the top of our list. I don't think they made any money off me.
    I think this was one of the reasons why we were soooo... diappointed.

Dh figured it was a scam that you get one or two go 'rounds and then that was it, they ignore you and get you mad enough you ask for the bill and leave.

Pretty much what happened to us, but I know for a fact that many other people have had wonderful experiences.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I liked the appetizer night concept because it is different and a nice break from the steak or seafood we eat on most nights. I think we might give it a try in October and cross our fingers that the service is ok. We travel with with a large group (10) so if the service is bad, it could be a diaster.