Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sort of off topic here, but I keep seeing people reccommend Windows at the Divi links. My wife and I own at the golf resort, and we ate there 3 years ago and never again. Don't get me wrong, the place is absolutely beautiful, but the service and the food left a lot to be desired. The portions were very small and the service was horrible. For the money you'll spend at windows, take a cab down to the Old Man and the Sea or the Screaming Eagle.
    Just my opinion

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    DAH...forgot about that...so, yes, resonable and close...stay tuned
    Here is Gostoso Restaurant menu with U.S. prices
    Gostoso Portuguese and Aruban Food Restaurant Ė Menu in Afl. and U.S.$

Matt, we have been there twice wonderful each time, its been 3 yrs. everybody has a bad night or was it just opening?

Imo, though we thoroughly enjoyed it, the cuisine at Windows on Aruba is not to everyone's tastes. From my review in June.
    "Upon arriving and having a reservation we thought it a bit odd that we were asked to have a seat at the bar while our table was readied. There were plenty of open tables. After about 10 minutes we were led to our window side table. That was what the wait for and it was worth it. We had a table overlooking the Divi Linkís island green as well the swimming pool. The entire restaurant is very elegant with beautiful floor to ceiling windows, large elaborate armed chairs and granite topped tables with linen tablecloths or linen runners.

Our dinner consisted of Tuna and teriyaki...Tuna tataki with seaweed, curry mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce as well as two orders of Scallops and mango...Grilled scallop, gratinated scallop and pan fried scallop with sea weed salad and mango papaya chutney. Entrees were two orders of Sea bass and risotto...Atlantic sea bass fillet, jumbo shrimp, spinach risotto and white wine sauce with flying fish caviar and Tenderloin and beans...US black Angus tenderloin, mashed potato, spring vegetables and a port sauce. Everything was delicious and beautiful arranged. I donít remember what dessert consisted of, but I am sure dh and dd had something chocolate."

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
    Matt, we have been there twice wonderful each time, its been 3 yrs. everybody has a bad night or was it just opening?
    I think it had only been open a few months when we went. However, that's not a reason to excuse the service, or the portion sizes.
    I'm usually the first one to complain that restaurants waste a lot of food on oversized portions, but this was an extreme the other way. I remember we paid over $150 for the meal only because I felt I'd been ripped off.
    If it was a bad night, it was a bad night all around, not just in one area.
    However, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

1 more ? Matt being owners you pay full price, we stay at the Tam and only pay $30pp off the main menu.

Yes, the timeshares aren't all inclusive. We used to stay at the Divi all inclusive for a few years before we bought at the links.

We just returned from our honeymoon at Bucuti. We did lunch at Tortuga bar & grill next door at the Aruba Beach CLub. Very yummy and good prices.

We also enjoyed Matthews for dinner but they have a lunch menu as well. It is at the Casa Del Mar beach resort. We actually just walked along the beach to it from Bucuti. Its about 2 resorts down and right on the beach.

the Bucuti buffet breakfast though is very filling and has a lot of choices so we usually filled up at breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12