Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Que Pasa

Que Pasa

Hi, you don't see too many posts on Que Pasa so I'm just curious what people think. Making my restaurant list for August and I put Que Pasa on my list every year we go but then always remove it. Is it worth giving a try?

Like you, Que Pasa is frequently on our list and for some reason we don't make it there. They get good reviews here and on other sites. We did make it there once but our timing was off. It was late afternoon and they weren't serving appetizers yet. I wanted to try the baked Brie. We stayed and had a bright, chatted with the bartender and moved on. I posted here about the experience and the owner responded that his staff should have accommodated the request for the Brie because it was a simple thing to prepare. He wanted his customers to have a good experience. We did have a good experience and enjoyed our brights! So, some day we'll get back there. If you get there first don't forget to post a review!!

Thanks for the response. I will definitely do a review if we go! I tend to stick with the restaurants I know but this restaurant in particular I've always wondered about. I may just go for it. Amadeus is another one on my list that I haven't tried yet and that has great reviews.

jaw
    We like Que Pasa very much and have eaten there every year for at least 8 years, if not more. It is our favorite restaurant in Aruba. The banana fritters are our favorite dessert on the island, and we look forward to them every year. The staff has always been great and the food selections are plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    We like Que Pasa very much and have eaten there every year for at least 8 years, if not more. It is our favorite restaurant in Aruba. The banana fritters are our favorite dessert on the island, and we look forward to them every year. The staff has always been great and the food selections are plentiful.
    Good to know, thank you!!

We've been going to the island for 19 years, and about 15 years ago a Dutch friend recommended that we try Que Pasa. At the time, it was at the current Yemanja location (our favorite restaurant). We have been eating at Que Pasa two to three times a trip since then. The nightly specials are creative and delicious, and the staff is exceptional. We stay at the Renaissance, so it's a short walk for us, but imho it's well worth the trip downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    We've been going to the island for 19 years, and about 15 years ago a Dutch friend recommended that we try Que Pasa. At the time, it was at the current Yemanja location (our favorite restaurant). We have been eating at Que Pasa two to three times a trip since then. The nightly specials are creative and delicious, and the staff is exceptional. We stay at the Renaissance, so it's a short walk for us, but imho it's well worth the trip downtown.
    Thank you so much for your response. After reading this I think I will give it a try. (I love Yemanja too!)

Our Aruban friends raised their eyebrows when we said we were going to Que Pasa for dinner. Long time residents of the island, they weren't sure about whether we should bother as they said it was tired and had "seen its day". So, our expectations were low.

It was okay - the food was passable, the service was a little "off" (I think having a large table threw them off). We ate on the balcony and people watched the street below. The area's a little rough but it just adds an interesting twist to the ambiance. Avoid fancy cocktails: they don't use premium liquor so you'll regret it the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The area's a little rough but it just adds an interesting twist to the ambiance.
    This was also a concern of mine as it would be me with my 2 girls. I remember thinking the same thing, rough area, when we went to Yemanja which I think is a few doors down if I remember correctly? But I was with my husband and friends then.

Aruba since 1979
    by rough do you mean rundown/in need of renovation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast