Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Queen's Restaurant and White Modern Cuisine - closed

I wish him the best of luck at the new location! Hopefully it will be a great move.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Amy - you just MADE my day!! That's great news... I hope he's thinking about doing something downtown a la Wilhelmina's. That old department store across from Que Pasa would be brilliant.
    Some time ago I read that one of the chefs from "Two Fools and a Bull" will open his new restaurant in the second floor (1. floor Canadian/European terms ) on Wilhelminastreet
    Last edited by CK1; 05-12-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added info

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Excerpt Bati Bleki:

RIGHT SAID FRED. Rumor has it that Chef Fred Wanders will be opening another restaurant, on Wilhelminastreet on the second floor of Que Pasa overlooking that lovely colonial street. Fred was the partner at 2Fools & a Bull cooking studio on Palm Beach, and recently retired his foolish status in favor of vacation, at the end of which he went back to work, putting together a chef owned signature eatery, by the name of Fred, in the heart of town, opening soon. It’s good news for Oranjestad, with more people working on behalf of urban revival. Que Pasa, has always been a culinary destination, now Fred is adding a good reason to go downtown, and judging by the success of Wilhelmina, Fred’s thinking is right.

http://batibleki.visitaruba.com/8am-...kurt-and-more/

Fred said he should be open sometime in June. Bummed we'll miss him on this trip but there's always something to look forward to on the next trip.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I never liked the location, don't like the mall idea.
    Possibly others felt the same?

Downtown would not be a good fit for White, in my opinion.
    Gold Coast makes more sense, marketing wise it's similar to Tierra Del Sol..

When they built the 2 malls in Palm Beach - Palm Beach Plaza and Paseo Herencia - we were surprised. I have never seen crowds in either mall except when Paseo has their free water show. We always prefer eating at nice dinner restaurants in nice settings either on or near the water with a nice breeze or in more charming settings like MJ's or Papamiento so we never tried White Cuisine and it was never appealing to have dinner in the mall. Has anyone tried Qunita Del Carmen? It looks really nice on their website and seems to be getting good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    I never liked the location, don't like the mall idea.
    Possibly others felt the same?

Downtown would not be a good fit for White, in my opinion.
    Gold Coast makes more sense, marketing wise it's similar to Tierra Del Sol..
    Agree with the mall location - not a good fit.

But downtown? I would have liked to see them make a serious go at the recent gentrification (a la Wilhelmina's). Some fantastic architecture in central Oranjestad that could make for a great restaurant setting.

But I'm not complaining - they're going to be really close to our house now!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'm of the FIRM belief that the "one shoe story" deserves its own thread.
    We're waiting!!!

Has anybody heard if an opening date has been set? I checked their website but no mention.

mjh
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    When they built the 2 malls in Palm Beach - Palm Beach Plaza and Paseo Herencia - we were surprised. I have never seen crowds in either mall except when Paseo has their free water show. We always prefer eating at nice dinner restaurants in nice settings either on or near the water with a nice breeze or in more charming settings like MJ's or Papamiento so we never tried White Cuisine and it was never appealing to have dinner in the mall. Has anyone tried Qunita Del Carmen? It looks really nice on their website and seems to be getting good reviews.
    In response to the question "has anyone tried Quinta del Carmen?" I would like to say that I wrote a review on Trip Advisor (see below) following our first visit and I highly recommend the restaurant. Fabulous. We have been there in October 2015, December 2015 and going again in July when we arrive.
    My review: This was our first visit to this fairly new restaurant. What a wonderful experience. Let me begin by saying the staff from the front door until our exit, were absolutely incredible people (especially our waitress Lizzie). My husband and I ordered two appetizers, the Carpaccio Teriyaki and Pumpkin Soup. They were both excellent (my soup was the best ever). For entrees, my husband had the Sucade Lappen (Draadjesvlees) try and say that two times fast - LOL. He thought it was very tasty and can be compared to Beef Short Ribs for all those Americans reading this. My amazing choice was the Skirt Steak. It was done to perfection. So tender and flavorful. We so enjoyed our meal that we secured reservations for our next visit to Aruba in December. Can't wait to return. This is a MUST visit for everyone. The restaurant is pleasant, somewhat romantic, and priced appropriately for the level of food and service. Only slight comment I have is that the parking lot could use a little work.

Hope that helps give you an idea of how big a fan we are of Quinta del Carmen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast