Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Questions about Papiamento & Tuscany

Can anyone tell me if Tuscany Restaurant (in the Marriott) and Papiamento Restaurant are still open and in business?
    I've eaten at both on previous visits to Aruba but cannot seem to find their websites. I'm hoping they're still open. Thank you.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by casaruba View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Tuscany Restaurant (in the Marriott) and Papiamento Restaurant are still open and in business?
    I've eaten at both on previous visits to Aruba but cannot seem to find their websites. I'm hoping they're still open. Thank you.
    Tuscany at the Marriott closed at the end of last year. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is now there. Papiamento is still open. I don't know what wrong with their website. It was working last week. Maybe it's being updated. http://www.papiamentorestaurant.com/index.htm

Thanks Liz for that info. I didn't realize Tuscany had closed. Can you recommend any other Italian restaurants on the island that would be on par with Tuscany?
    There must be something wrong with Papiamento's website because when I click on your link I get directed to a site that sells restaurant domain names. (That's what first made me wonder if Papiamento had gone out of business.)

Here's a few other Italian Restaurants. I've been to Gianni's (across from Radisson) and Azzurro (Playa Linda). Both have very good food (IMHO). Gambero Rosso is downtown at Marina Mall. By most reports, the food was not up to par.

GIANNIíS - MENU
    AZZURRO - MENU
    SOLE MARE - MENU
    CASA TUA - MENU
    GAMBERO ROSSO - MENU

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I will post my honest opinion about Gamberro Russo...Service outstanding, scale of 1-10, they get a 10. Now food, nice menu, but it was terrible, I rate it a 2. Food was not good at all. Location and ambience, 8. Sorry folks, I do not need to go back. Now, relatives loved Gainni's, and thats where I will go next time we go. We actually went to go to La Teratza(SP?) that night and it was closed, thats how we ended at Gamberro. Now, if they want to offer my husband and I a free "retry" I would go back.

Don't take offense Cindo, but it's Gambero Rosso not Russo. The only reason I'm bringing it up is that it's a pet peeve of mine as my name is Rosso for almost 40 married years and (almost) everyone calls me and/or spells it Russo. It drives me (almost) crazy. Too bad you also had a bad experience at Gambero Rosso.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    No offence taken...never could spell anyway. I am hoping someone else has something to say about that restaurant, good or bad. cindy

Dom
    My vote for best Italian would be for Sole Mare. I went to Gianni's last week expecting the excellent meal that I got there last year. What a dissapointment. Waiter was very annoying and condecending, and the chicken dish my sons had was so tough it almost could not be eaten.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Where is the Sole Mare ? I will be staying at the Radisson, I know that Giannis is very close, both menus look very good, I currently have a res. at Giannis, but the Sole Mare also looks very good. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone can help, I have tried emailing the Fishbone for a res and some general questions, no one seems to reply, is there a special way to get a hold of them ? I seem to recall reading somewhere that they required a deposit to make a res., anyone know if that is true? Thanks.