Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: quinta del carman

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Interesting you only rated it a 4 ~Amy~.
    the reviews out there are fabulous
    perhaps you ordered the wrong thing?

try again?
    I love ahi tuna so I ordered what I love. If you read my review, the problem I had was that the tuna lacked flavor (the "spicy tomato salsa" was nowhere near "spicy" and lacked flavor). I did love the Carmen Salad we ordered and split as an appetizer. My husband had the Sucade Lappen and while he said it was very good, it did not rank 5 star in his book of restaurants. We did enjoy our dinner but, for us, it was very good but not exceptional compared to other places we've dined (in Aruba and elsewhere.) Just because other reviews were "fabulous" does not mean everyone will like it (all depends on your tastes and other restaurants that you deem "fabulous" for comparison.) Of course we will go back again - it's a very good restaurant, just not worthy of a 5 star review from us at this time (this is just our own personal preferences which no one has to agree with - but that's what makes the world go round. It would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. )
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-28-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I love ahi tuna so I ordered what I love. If you read my review, the problem I had was that the tuna lacked flavor (the "spicy tomato salsa" was nowhere near "spicy" and lacked flavor). I did love the Carmen Salad we ordered and split as an appetizer. My husband had the Sucade Lappen and while he said it was very good, it did not rank 5 star in his book of restaurants. We did enjoy our dinner but, for us, it was very good but not exceptional compared to other places we've dined (in Aruba and elsewhere.) Just because other reviews were "fabulous" does not mean everyone will like it (all depends on your tastes and other restaurants that you deem "fabulous" for comparison.) Of course we will go back again - it's a very good restaurant, just not worthy of a 5 star review from us at this time (this is just our own personal preferences which no one has to agree with - but that's what makes the world go round. It would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. )
    I agree with Amy - four out of five is appropriate for our visit last February... everything was wonderful but it didn't have that "ooomf" that would push it over the top like "Carte Blanche" or "White Modern". The staff were a little unsure of themselves. When you look at it relative to the other two restaurants I mention, there's room for improvement which I fully expect they'll achieve if they haven't already.

That being said, I still think it's one of the top five restaurants on the island and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting.

We went in February as well. I agree the waitstaff was still in learning mode.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I posted my review of Quinta Del Carmen back in Feb. after our visit. I would also rate this restaurant a 4. While we thought that the atmosphere was outstanding, I thought that my entree was bland, and my husband's entree was a bit small. We enjoyed our meals more at Chalet Suisse, Azzurro, and Barefoot on this trip. They had a huge private party on the front lawn the evening that we were there. The service that night was slow, but we figured that was because of the large group that they were attending to. Dining is certainly subjective, but we will probably skip this restaurant on our next trip. There are just too many great restaurants and not enough time. Perhaps we'll go back in the future.

I found Barefoot lacking in flavor so I'm not surprised that the tuna wasn't all that flavorful. Spicy tomato salsa on tuna doesn't sound that good anyway. Tuna should be cooked medium rare at most and I've always found that mixing it with some type of wasabi soy mixture is delicious.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    quinta del carman-image.jpg

Marketplace in Munich 2 days ago
    every stand had a ton of white Asparagus!!!!

TE=Pegmeister;274715]OMG you went straight to the source. Germany and Holland, I think, are the primary growers hope you're having a fabulous time![/QUOTE]

Think I may need a trip to Munich!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123