Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Radisson to Amsterdam Manor Resort Distance

Bon Bini!!!

My wife and I are going back to Aruba for our third time this fall. We are staying once again at the Radisson and would like to dine at "Passions" on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Resort. How far are they apart? Could we walk the beach down to the Amsterdam? How is "Passions" Food? Would people recommend this restaurant? We love Flying Fishbone and El Gaucho and were hoping to try something new. Many thanks in advance.

It is really not what you would could an "ideal" walk, in that you cannot walk directly on the beach the entire way. The distance is about 1 1/4 miles each way. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5635696&lon=-70.0486565&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2&gz=0;-700549650;125542284;0;0;429;40214;7295;64928;19741 ;83777;33474;88804;69523;108491;93555;130691;96130 ;138650

We had an excellent dinner on the beach at Passions for our anniversary in June and are already looking forward to our anniversary dinner there again next June. From my review:

"Friday night for our anniversary, a friend as well as my parents, had recommended Passions on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Diana the hostess/maître d' and everything from the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect and a wonderful evening. Our table was closest to the water with torches and a lantern on the table. I can imagine how nice it would be at sunset, however since we can view that from the comfort of our patio, and like to eat later, dining under the stars with the Aruban tradewinds are just delightful in my book!

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi-mahi. I had a filet mignon and dh had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Everything was delicious! If anyone has that recipe for the crab salad you just pass it on to me please!

Dessert was amazing ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. Even dd had a double decaf Espresso. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn."

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/passions+restaurant.html

Lisa, how far down could you walk on the beach?

You can walk south from the Radisson to the Phoenix on the beach. Then the coastline becomes rocky http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5593389&lon=-70.0543427&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2 pretty much all of the way to the Amsterdam Manor.