Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tom and Stanley
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: THe re-birth of a an old favorite restaurant. . . .

Thumbs up THe re-birth of a an old favorite restaurant. . . .

Hi all. . . My favorite restaurant is now open again under a new name but still the same people and the same menu. The "Nos Cunucu" is now reopened and under the name "Cunukero". The same family is still there and the food is terrific. Very reasonable and delicious. This is a local place of the main road and very well worth the effort to find it. It's an open air dinning area with very friendly service and very good local menu. The two of us went for dinner and had an appetizer, main entree and each had a drink for a total of 70 Florin that included tip. That's $40.00 US for the conversion. . . Food was fresh and cooked to order and they have a full bar. This is back on my list of places to go often. . . . Open for lunch and dinner from 11:30 and closed on Sunday. . . . OK, I will tell you where it is: it's on a little side residential street across from the WEMA hardware store in Noord. Look for the sign at WEMA and then again as you go down the little side street. . . . You will not be disappointed. . . . .

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Good to know. I hope they make it this time.. DH enjoyed his goat meal there. I'm trying to remember how to get there. Is it inland from the Texaco roundabout.. At the next roundabout go right. By WEMA make a left and it's a little down the street on the left.

Aruba since 1979
    i think that your directions are right on LIZ!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wema/@12.541248,-70.0422784,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x8e8538619e902ac3:0xaad33d352a512 e67

per the map from that texaco roundabout go inland...........after the fire station on the right make a right turn. Go a few hundred yards and WEMA is on the right (i think ) and the street to the Cunuerko is on the left.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-01-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I don't remember the firehouse. That's good landmark. WEMA is on the right.

will be on the list for november...can't wait !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME