Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reasonable places to eat downtown

My mom and I will be staying at the Divi Dutch Village Resort. I'm thinking of going to the Driftwood Restaurant when we're in Oranjestad and Windows on Aruba in Druif Beach- two nice sounding restaurants I'd like to treat my mom to. She deserves it. However, during the day or afternoon when we're exploring downtown, where would be nice, reasonable places we could grab a quick lunch or snack?

La Grandje (I never spell it right) is very reasonable good casual food

A few places we go to are:
    - Delifrance (near the Certified market)
    - Pelican's Nest - on Palm Beach (love their fish sandwich)
    - Iguana Joe's - downtown - enjoy a sandwich and pitcher of sangria
    - The Kitchen - just behind Super Foods and Kong Hing . . . great take-out
    . . . or you can just go to Ling's - they have a nice hot table at lunch which is reasonable . . . also, friends frequently go to the BBQ located at the market on J.G. Smith on Saturdays . . . they say it is very good value and tasty although we have never gone there. Enjoy! Michael

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...expensive.html
    click above link for lots of restaurant chatter

personally i like buccaneer for seafood.........very fresh fish, perfect surroundings with all of the fish tanks and reasonable pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by narissajo View Post
    My mom and I will be staying at the Divi Dutch Village Resort. I'm thinking of going to the Driftwood Restaurant when we're in Oranjestad and Windows on Aruba in Druif Beach- two nice sounding restaurants I'd like to treat my mom to. She deserves it. However, during the day or afternoon when we're exploring downtown, where would be nice, reasonable places we could grab a quick lunch or snack?

Thanks alot guys

However, during the day or afternoon when we're exploring downtown, where would be nice, reasonable places we could grab a quick lunch or snack?
    Couple of nice lunch spots downtown that we enjoy:
    CILO
    Cuba's Cookin'
    Mirpas
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

If you like Indian food try Taj Mahal. It is excellent! I think they moved from downtown to Palm Beach though.

However, during the day or afternoon when we're exploring downtown, where would be nice, reasonable places we could grab a quick lunch or snack?
    If you're looking stictly downtown, Iguana Joes above the mall or the Paddock across the street.

At the Seaport Mall, also downtown, there is a Casa Tua, Plaza Cafa, and Cilo.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Don't forget The Old Fisherman downtown across from the bus station. It's a frequent lunch stop for us when shopping downtown and has great fish!

We are staying at the Divi as well and from a lot of the reviews I think a couple we will try are Iguana Joe's and The Kitchen for some lunch take out at the very least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast