Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Recipes

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    funny story about aruban cakes...my daughters bday is always when we travel to aruba...Of course we have to do the cake thing poolside with the cousins...we go to buy a cake at the grocery store and all they have is prune cakes...did we laugh...thank goodness for those frozen sarah lee cakes, we bought 3 different ones and ate them at the pool...some how the prune cake didn't sound interesting to a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Hi everybody, here Armando from Holland. I have one question. Do one of you guys know how to make the frozen drink Pink Panther? I know that it has ponche crema and coconut cream and if I'm not wrong als cherry brandy. Can somebody help me with the recipe. Alvast bedankt and sorry for my bad Inglish.
    Kind regards Armando
    http://www.visitaruba.com/attractions/arubabuzz/mixnshake/mixnshake78.html

«Pink Panther»
    Ingredients:
    1 oz. Amaretto
    2 oz. Ponche Crema (Light Cream)
    1 tsp. Grenadine red
    ½ oz. Vodka

Directions:
    Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well. Strain drink into a cocktail glass and serve.

Picked up madame hot sauce and papaya hot sauce when I was visiting. Know what to do with the madame but wondering what works well with the papaya?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Picked up madame hot sauce and papaya hot sauce when I was visiting. Know what to do with the madame but wondering what works well with the papaya?
    Great on eggs!

When I was in Aruba in June, one of the restaurants at the resort I stayed at used the papaya sauce on pork. It was very tasty.

Great recipes, thanks to all who shared!

After dinner at Passions last week we were given a small box of Bolo Preto as a momento.

Bolo Preto
    Wedding Fruit Cake

by Wijkie Maduro

This special occasion cake is usually served in very small pieces as a memento of the event, such as weddings, anniversaries, and because the flavor is so rich.

Yield: 1 cake, serves many

Ingredients:
    1 pound prunes
    1 pound currants
    1 pound raisins
    1 pound dates
    ½ pound figs
    ½ pound mixed dried fruits
    1 cup Martell Cognac
    1 cup cherry cordial
    1 cup Port wine
    2½ cups flour
    1½ teaspoons baking powder
    1 pound brown sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup molasses
    ½ pound butter or margarine, melted
    6 eggs, beaten

Method:
    In a very large bowl, mix together prunes, currants, raisins, dates, figs and mixed fruit. Pour Cognac, cherry cordial and wine over. Blend well. Cover and set aside to macerate for at least 2 days, as long as a week.

In other bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon. Add vanilla, molasses, melted butter and eggs. Combine well. Add to fruit mixture.
    Pour into well-greased 15½ x 10½" baking pan or two 9" baking pans. Bake in 350ºF oven for 1 hour.

Note:
    Local cooks often prepare the fruit and store it in large glass jars for many months to be sure it is available for those special occasions.

About Wijkie Maduro:
    Wijkie Maduro, and Aruba-born resident, has made a life-long commitment to preservation and preparation of Aruban cooking. Wijkie retired from a career in politics and labor union work to open a restaurant, now sadly closed, that offered "what our great-grandmothers cooked; the lavish and sometimes complex Aruban cooking". His recipes have been refined over the years from their earliest beginnings as sustenance for the first Indian settlers to the multi-everything-and-everyone's influences that followed.

I'm still waiting for......"Uncle Guido's famous Marinara Sauce"

Brown Lady

hey anyone have the recipe for Brown ladies ?

Quote Originally Posted by diviprincess View Post
    hey anyone have the recipe for Brown ladies ?
    Here are two ...and a few others...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brown-Lady-Drink/Detail.aspx
    "Brown Lady Drink
    Original Recipe Yield 2 servings
    Ingredients
    2 tablespoons vodka
    2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
    2 tablespoons rum cream liqueur
    2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
    1/4 cup coconut cream
    1 1/2 cups ice cubes

Directions
    In a blender, combine the vodka, Irish cream liqueur, rum cream liqueur, coconut cream and ice cubes. Cover, and blend for about 1 minute. Pour into two glasses. "

http://pattimack.tripod.com/Happyhour.htm
    "Brown lady:
    1 oz each of vodka, Kaluha and Baileys. l/2 oz of coco Lopez. Blend. Add ice. Blend till thick and creamy.

OR

1 oz each of: Coconut Cream, Coffee Liqueur, Irish Cream, Vodka

Aruba-Ariba:
    The basic recipe is 1 shot light rum, 1 shot vodka, 1 shot creme de banana, fruit punch. Some add Coecoei, but you can only get that on Aruba. Don't forget the marischino cherry.

OR

1/2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz 151 rum (better if using Ron Rico from Aruba, higher proof), 1/8 oz Coecoei, 1/8 oz Creme de Banana, 1/2 c orange juice, 1/2 c cranberry juice, 1/2 c pineapple juice, OR your favorite "punch drink", a splash of grenadine, top with Grand Marnier. Do not shake, just stir lightly. Top with a "flag" toothpick with a cherry and orange slice.

Arubamamma:
    This is a drink named after the ABB webmaster's wife "Arubamamma", created and found only at the Pirate's Nest. You can only get the recipe from Arubamamma herself.

Arubian Frosty:
    For one drink: l/2 oz. each kaluha, ponche cream, and rum. 3 oz. coco lopez and 2 oz. pineapple juice. Place in blender and continue to add ice until thick.

To make batches: 3 oz. each of kaluha, ponche cream and rum. 1 can coco lopez and 1 small (individual size) can of pineapple juice. Blend in blender. Take out half and refrigerate. Add ice and blend until thick. When that pitcher has been depleted, take the other half out of the fridge and do the same. (Glenda Laverty - ABB)

Aruba Smash:
    2 oz. Spiced Rum, 1 oz. 7-Up, 1 oz. Lemon Juice, 1 oz. Orange Juice, 1 Dash Orange Bitters. Mix in a highball and serve over ice.

Hurricane:
    A blended mix of Coco Lopez, pineapple juice, dark rum, Blue Curaccao, grenadine, and lots of ice.

Zoom:
    Made famous at the Tamarijn. 1 oz. ea. Rum, Vodka, Banana Liqueur and Grenadine 2 oz. ea. Ponche Creme and Pineapple juice Add 1 whole banana. Blend with crushed ice until smooth. (John - ABB) "

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast