Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Reservation at Marina Pirata

Reservation at Marina Pirata

What is the best way to go about making a reservation at Marina Pirata? I want to reserve a table at sunset on the dock next to the water and I know there are only a limited amount of these seats available. I tried calling the number I found but the woman who answered did not speak English. Is there an email for them?

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPirata?sk=info
    i don't see an email listed

how about befriending them on facebook, then giving your date and time and see if they will confirm using facebook?
    might be worth a try.

Funny you say that…I “liked” them on FB and wrote on their wall. Never got an answer. Maybe it was just overlooked. I’ll try that again. I really want a table on the water for the girls. They’d love it, otherwise I wouldn’t care where we sat.

We tried, friending on FB, where we got an email. Email was not acknowledged.
    We finally sucked it up, wanting a table next to the water and phoned them from home two weeks prior to make the reservation.

From my review

Marina Pirata is still one of our family’s favorites. This is our place to go for local flavor at a reasonable price with the added bonus of dining outdoors on the water.

Luckily we had made a reservation almost two weeks prior to arriving, requesting a table on the dock next to the water. When we arrived, the restaurant was full with locals. It was worth the price of a phone call from the states when we saw that there was one table still available, it was next to the water on the dock as requested, and it was ours. We were the only tourists there until we were about half way through our meal when another family sat down for dinner.

Appetizers—Squid in garlic sauce & two French onion soup
    Entrees-- Grouper Meunière, Spanish Lagoon Special- Creole Sauce, Seafood Kabob

I’ve emailed twice, wrote on their wall twice and called once. I might have to give up. Either that or wait until I get there. When I called the woman who answered put the phone down for a few minutes and walked away which made me cringe wondering how much this call would cost me . When she came back she started reciting numbers in Spanish to me. Lisa, what number did you call? On FB I think there are 2 numbers and I chose the first one.

Aruba since 1979
    lisa may not be able to respond til tomorrow.
    she is on the road all day today.

my suggestion is download SKYPE to your computer and make your international calls for almost free........just pennies.

or

private message me and i will do it for you using my SKYPE.
    i will need your :
    name
    number of people in the party
    date
    time
    preferred to seat where?

i won't call til after 4 pm.

but if the person on the phone is not speaking English i will be outta luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I’ve emailed twice, wrote on their wall twice and called once. I might have to give up. Either that or wait until I get there. When I called the woman who answered put the phone down for a few minutes and walked away which made me cringe wondering how much this call would cost me . When she came back she started reciting numbers in Spanish to me. Lisa, what number did you call? On FB I think there are 2 numbers and I chose the first one.

Aruba since 1979
    done

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    done
    Andrea,

Looks like you have a potential career as a concierge-although it may not pay as well as your current moderator position

I tried to pay her with waffle cookies but she declined. I would never say no to cookies!! Although, where we both frequent La Cabana I’m sure one of these days we will be there at the same time and I can repay her kindness with a drink at the Pata Pata bar.

Aruba since 1979
    i think "most anything" would pay "better".
    hahahahahahahahaha

it was easy and no big deal for me to give a call using SKYPE.

seriously everyone, it is easy to be a SKYPE user.
    it is a big money saver and really cuts down on frustrations.

no thank you present requires, it was my pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I tried to pay her with waffle cookies but she declined. I would never say no to cookies!! Although, where we both frequent La Cabana I’m sure one of these days we will be there at the same time and I can repay her kindness with a drink at the Pata Pata bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast