Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reservation Problems for Old Man & The Sea?

I just tried to make reservations for this place but I fill out the form and there is no way to send it. No "send" button, no "enter" button, nothing. Any suggestions other than emailing or calling them? I don't like to provide my cc info over the phone or via email.

Thanks!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    On The Old Man and the Sea reservation page, there is their email address info@theoldmanandthesea.com I have contacted them that there is no submit button on their webpage. Also, that their reservation page is not a security page for anyone to submit their credit card number. I will post when I hear back from The Old Man and the Sea.

Restaurant Reservations

I gotta tell you that I have been submitting my reservations through the reservation link on www.restaurantsaruba.com It seems like the restaurants check the messages sent from this site frequently. Choose the name of the restaurant and then click on "contact".

When I try to use the e-mail addresses provided at the restaurants' web-sites, I haven't had as much luck. Sometimes, they didn't even respond. In fact, I think this was the case with OM&TS.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4Life View Post
    I gotta tell you that I have been submitting my reservations through the reservation link on www.restaurantsaruba.com It seems like the restaurants check the messages sent from this site frequently. Choose the name of the restaurant and then click on "contact".

When I try to use the e-mail addresses provided at the restaurants' web-sites, I haven't had as much luck. Sometimes, they didn't even respond. In fact, I think this was the case with OM&TS.
    Restaurants do not check their messages through restaurantsaruba website. The owner of restaurantsaruba website gets the messages and relays the reservation to the proper restaurant.

However that site works, I get a reservation/response more quickly than using their e-mail addresses. I just rec'd a response from MJ's for a request sent less than 24 hours ago.

In addition, I have not had to leave a credit card number, which is also requested sometimes when you go through the restaurant's own web-site.

If you make a reservation at a restaurant that no longer exits, they don't email you back to tell you that. I am more comfortable dealing with the restaurant directly but do like the restuarantsaruba website.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Interestingly enough, once the reservation page failed me, I emailed the OMATS directly and they confirmed my reservation immediately and didn't ask for my CC number. Once I arrive, I will call to confirm. I will be bringing the email confirmation with me, as always.

Cheers!

Restaurantsaruba.com sends the emails to the restaurants automatically.

Because of all the spam the restaurant owners receive, restaurantsaruba.com's webform e-mails are easily recognized, so in most cases, the restaurants will reply much quicker when they see an e-mail through this website.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy, that's been my experience, too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast