Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

reservation/questions

oh my, so many eating places to choose from , the MJ looks very nice and so does the fish place, can't remember them all, the sunset grill, the steakhouses, we also like Italian, we will be at the Radisson in Nov. , so tell me how does one, get one of these great tables outside with beautiful views at any of these resturants, when making reservation, do you request where you would like to sit ? Do you need to make a reservation at all these places, is there a better time to go ? Am also looking to make sure I don't miss that one place that I shouldn't, so if anyone could give me suggestions , I would be very Thankful, as this is our first trip and I'm sure before I even go won't be my last. Arubalisa, I notice you refer to your husband as DH, well I refer to mine as GH ( grumpy husband ), hoping this fantastic place with all these wonderful eating choices will make him a HH ( happy husband ). Don't mind the spelling, my fingers are trying to keep up with my thoughts

I'm in the same boat as Kath! Please, give us suggestions on place to not miss on our first trip to Aruba!

Hi Kathy,

All the places you mention are great choices. You have been doing your homework.
    I have five not too secret ways to a great table. By the way these works in getting many other things. I have scored some fantastic rooms in top rated hotels!

Go off season.
    Make a reservation, even if it is earlier in the same day. (you can do this on line at many places.)
    Make reservation early, preferably when they open.
    Don't be afraid to ask for what you would like.
    Memorize and use names this will personalize your experience. Get to know the people, this is part of the experience.

Let's face it, just treat people with the respect that you would like to be treated with. You will be given what you ask for.

I am sure there are many more, please add!
    Have Fun, Pete

thanks pkornna, will keep this info in mind, although I think nov. is a kind of slow season, yes ? I hope to get lots of input here, but I thank you again

Kathy, November is low season, but no matter the time of year, we have always made reservations prior to arrival to make sure we get the time and location we want. It is a personal preference, just like whether or not to rent a car.

You are staying at the Radisson? Dh (I am GW ) usually makes all the reservation online prior to arrival and then just hands a list with $5 tip to the concierge upon arrival to ask them to reconfirm the reservations.

At the Sunset Grille, we much prefer to eat outdoors, the acoustics indoors are pretty bad and it can get very loud. For outdoors, request the "honeymooners" table on the far corner.

Flying Fishbone is personal preference as to whether or not to be there for sunset. For a waterside table on the beach, you MUST make a reservation. The earlier the better. We do not like to eat early, saving our daylight hours for the beach and still find the FFB romantic after dark.

There are some great threads here about restaurants...a few to get you started.
    Suggest your FAV Restaurant and Bars
    El Gaucho's pricing an Aruban mainstay, imo, love or hate, but good place to try at least once
    best Italian
    Dinner on the Beach
    Wacky wahoo's or other good seafood?

I AGREE , THE FLYING FISHBONE - LOOKS VERY VERY NICE, I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THE SUNSET EATING, I LIKE YOU, PREFER TO GET THE SUN IN, IS THERE A SPECIAL TABLE THERE ALSO TO REQUEST, DEF. WOULD LIKE THE OUTSIDE BY THE WATER

ArubaLisa probably is right about that reservation in advance thing! But I have a hard time planning where to go to eat each night until I see how my day is going.
    I usually can't figure where I am going to eat dinner any earlier than after lunch!
    I make a living planning and just can't bring my self to plan anything in Aruba until after I get out of bed! Then soak up an hour reading on the balcony with breakfast. Then hit the beach for a few hours while swimming and reading a few chapters of my latest book.
    Before my first trip to Aruba for 10 days 5 years ago I spent every vacation just like work, planning and working through vacation.
    I am now cured thanks to Aruba! Last year, I did not open my work e-mail during my two weeks on the Island for the first time in many, many years while vacationing.
    Have Fun, Pete

Pkornnh, That Is Great , Unfortunately, I Need To Have Some Plans And It Would Seem That So Many Of This Resturants Look So Nice, I Wouldn't Want To Miss Them- Because I Waited To Long ( I Mean Right Now I Have Alot Of Time ), But As Time Gets Closer To Date, I Will Be Planning A Couple Of Nice Dinners, Maybe Aruba Will Take That " Need To Have A Plan " Thing Out Of Me Also, But Until...
    Arubalisa Lisa , Thanks Again For That Menu With The Prices.

Red face

My Aruba life is split into 2 phases (7 trips total) - BD and AD - Before divorce and After divorce. BD, I had to plan ahead. We would go and celebrate our anniversary in Aruba and I always wanted our anniversary dinner to be somewhere special. This was the only reservation I would plan ahead for (reserving from the states). Madame Jeannette's and Flying Fishbone were the two restaurants I planned way ahead for. I'm glad I did, because I was able to specifiy well in advance where we wanted to sit. I would confirm once on the island.

AD - I could care less. I figure in all my years of living, finding a good meal has never been an issue for me It's sooooo liberating!

Do people with an all inclusive package have to make reservations to the restaurants they are allowed to eat at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast