Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: reservations

reservations

Hi everyone, thanks for the add. My question is about reservations. Considering we eat early (usually 6pm would be the latest we would get to a restaurant), which restaurants would require dinner reservations? How far ahead do you make them? Talking busy season mostly Palm Beach. Thx!

Aruba since 1979
    you can make your reservations about 3 or 4 weeks out.
    however, if it is a real special restaurant where you do not want any chance of disappointment....... reserve now (if you can)

Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie0104 View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for the add. My question is about reservations. Considering we eat early (usually 6pm would be the latest we would get to a restaurant), which restaurants would require dinner reservations? How far ahead do you make them? Talking busy season mostly Palm Beach. Thx!

Thanks, so there are no restaurants where you can go without reservations?

Aruba since 1979
    most of the restaurants you can go to without reservations

i did not say nor mean to imply that you needed reservations for all.

how about telling us which restaurants you are thinking of.

and........you said "mostly" palm beach. any outside of palm beach area ?

We very rarely make reservations, don't like to be tied to plans most days. We also dine early, so it doesn't seem as hard to get a table. We have only been turned away once that I can remember. I do typically make a reservation for one special occasion dinner for sunset or a just somewhere we really want to try. I usually do that a little in advance of our trip. We have also had days were we go in from the beach to take a nap and make a call for a last minute reservation for later that evening, and have never had a problem doing it that way during any season we have tried. If you REALLY want to go somewhere make a reservation, but if you are willing to wing it you should be okay. In the Palm Beach area there are lots of places to choose from. We have wandered around and looked at menus and just picked what we are in the mood for, but usually when are doing that it is for an early seating.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We very rarely make reservations, don't like to be tied to plans most days. We also dine early, so it doesn't seem as hard to get a table. We have only been turned away once that I can remember. I do typically make a reservation for one special occasion dinner for sunset or a just somewhere we really want to try. I usually do that a little in advance of our trip. We have also had days were we go in from the beach to take a nap and make a call for a last minute reservation for later that evening, and have never had a problem doing it that way during any season we have tried. If you REALLY want to go somewhere make a reservation, but if you are willing to wing it you should be okay. In the Palm Beach area there are lots of places to choose from. We have wandered around and looked at menus and just picked what we are in the mood for, but usually when are doing that it is for an early seating.
    Exactly what I was looking for, Thank you!

Exactly what I was looking for, Thank you!
    You're welcome. Like Andrea said, if you have certain restaurants you have questions about, we can give more specifics. My rule of thumb is if I need a taxi to get there, I should at least call ahead. If we walk, then we can always just walk somewhere else.

Perfect, thanks, that is how I feel too. I have not done much restaurant research yet, we still have 6 months to go LOL. I think I'll just gather a list and see where we can get into without reservations. I don't want to be tied down to a specific restaurant or specific time when on vacation. I should probably make one for New Year's Eve though. Any places you'd recommend? We like local fish/seafood.

There are so many places in that area you should be able to find something without a reservation - even if it comes down to chain restaurant type stuff (Hooters, Hard Rock, etc.) or beach bars. That is a very busy time period though so like others said if there is a restaurant you would really like to try I suggest making that reservation just in case it is busy early.

ETA: and Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

During our 2 weeks in Aruba, we usually make about 4 reservations to some of the nicer restaurants. The rest of the time we just eat at more casual places. I NEVER cook dinner while in Aruba.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast