It's been a long time since I posted about The New Pueblito Paisa restaurant in San Nicolaas. It's a small joint located not far from the refinery wall, around the corner from the unfinished hotel in that part of town known as "the village." Can't miss it becaues they have painted it orange. Inside you'll find food cooked along the lines of what you'd see in Colombia.

I was there yesterday with friends and things were very good. One guy ordered the "small" mixed grill platter. What a giant plate of food! Contained, ribs, chicken, sausage, fried plantains, and an arepa. I had the pollo apanada which is two pieces of chicken battered and fried, served with french fries, rice, and a small salad. Then there is the lomito, which is a small grilled steak. They had epanadas as a special. Of course, all this is priced at about 1/2 what you'd pay near the hotel area. Plus, you can learn some Spanish and have a good time here trying wacky dishes like the oxtail soup or goat stew.

Best to arrived around 11:30 or after 12:30 for lunch because they do a busy trade with the refinery workers.

Photos at:

Bon dia.