Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Restaurant Blog on under rated restaurants

Aruba since 1979
    one of our former members (now banned because of impersonation of ATA staff) tried to get into Yemanja on his vacation about a year ago.

he tried and tried as a walk in to no avail.

he finally made a reservation and got in.

i would definitely not chance it...as jacki says it never hurts.
    if you have to cancel, 24+ hours would be sufficient.

We would 2nd Redfish. We ate there and really liked it. Gave it a good review in a past post. Too bad its located the parking lot of The Orange Mall. We sat outside in the patio area. little palm trees in pots and candlelit. They try so hard to please and they succeeded with us. Don't be put off by the location and give this place a try. When done walk over to the Rum Shop and you can have all the free samples to you drop! Very casual and good service too!
    Sean and Susan

I may want to add Nod Clubhuis, but we have only eaten there once so I don't want to commit yet. Lol! But we did have a great experience there.

I only went to Gostoso once and I loved it. There are so many rest as the article explained its hard to repeat while exploring new ones. One year I explored local rest like Barneys, Bingoes, Bavaria etc other years I ate at MJ, Chalet Suise, Quinta de Carmen. Some trips I go casual and some I mix it up. Depends on the mood. This year I do have Gostoso on the list and for a new Rest I want to try Yemanja probably for the last night out.

Think about it like this. I know you were thinking about extending your future trips by at least a day or potentially more. Each day you add on to your typical vacation you can try a new restaurant each day.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I only went to Gostoso once and I loved it. There are so many rest as the article explained its hard to repeat while exploring new ones. One year I explored local rest like Barneys, Bingoes, Bavaria etc other years I ate at MJ, Chalet Suise, Quinta de Carmen. Some trips I go casual and some I mix it up. Depends on the mood. This year I do have Gostoso on the list and for a new Rest I want to try Yemanja probably for the last night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Think about it like this. I know you were thinking about extending your future trips by at least a day or potentially more. Each day you add on to your typical vacation you can try a new restaurant each day.
    Good Point! Next year I'm going to add an extra day. I just reviewed Gasparito website. Sound good authentic Aruban cuisine. Adding to the list for my September trip so 2 new rest Yemanja and Gasparito.

We have been trying 3-4 different local places each of our last eight trips. Sometimes we choose by a review or recommendation, but most times we just see a place that looks filled with locals and stop in. We're rarely disappointed and most always traveling casual.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We have been to 4 of the restaurants, we also try and find at least 2-3 new places to try on each visit...

Charlie

Gasparito used to be our FAVORITE restaurant in Aruba. It has changed many hands over the years but back in the late 90's we would always make it our first dinner and our last dinner on our two week trip. Once it changed owners the first time it lost something. The dishes were still there but lacked the flavor we knew and loved because we had our usual favorites we'd order every time. Needless to say, we eventually stopped going there. But then a couple of friends of ours had recently "discovered" it and wanted us to join them - they thought it was great so we thought why not try it again after all these years. We made reservations for last Saturday night at 7:30 and we ended up being the ONLY table in the restaurant the entire night. It seemed odd. The menu was the same so we ordered our usual favorites we loved so many years ago (seafood keshi yena, catch of the day, and the kerry kerry appetizer.) The food has been tweaked a bit. It was good. Not as exceptional as it used to be, but good. Would we go back? Not really sure.

Yemanja has always been high on our list - love it!

Tried Twist of Flavors once and thought the food was too bland for out tastes. It was fine but it seemed ordinary.

Had lunch at Elements about a week and a half ago and had a great Nicoise Salad with amazing tuna!

Also just ate at Zuzuroh on this past trip again - my husband declared it one of the best rack of lambs and I had a great Greek salad and pasta. Service and food have always been very good there.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

To clairfy my thoughts on Twist of Flavors I think is good of you are staying right there at ABC, CDM, Manchebo, or Costa Linda and just want a bite to eat without making an event out of dinner. I wouldn't go out of my way to get there but it was a perfect change of pace for us. I thought our meals had good flavor, but it's hard to mess up grouper for us. I would say manage expectations, think of it as that place you would meet after work when you just don't want to cook dinner at home that night. We were also told they have a good French onion soup and good kids menu.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 05-17-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast