Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Restaurant Blog on under rated restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Gasparito used to be our FAVORITE restaurant in Aruba. It has changed many hands over the years but back in the late 90's we would always make it our first dinner and our last dinner on our two week trip. Once it changed owners the first time it lost something. The dishes were still there but lacked the flavor we knew and loved because we had our usual favorites we'd order every time. Needless to say, we eventually stopped going there. But then a couple of friends of ours had recently "discovered" it and wanted us to join them - they thought it was great so we thought why not try it again after all these years. We made reservations for last Saturday night at 7:30 and we ended up being the ONLY table in the restaurant the entire night. It seemed odd. The menu was the same so we ordered our usual favorites we loved so many years ago (seafood keshi yena, catch of the day, and the kerry kerry appetizer.) The food has been tweaked a bit. It was good. Not as exceptional as it used to be, but good. Would we go back? Not really sure.
    Yemanja has always been high on our list - love it!

Tried Twist of Flavors once and thought the food was too bland for out tastes. It was fine but it seemed ordinary.

Had lunch at Elements about a week and a half ago and had a great Nicoise Salad with amazing tuna!

Also just ate at Zuzuroh on this past trip again - my husband declared it one of the best rack of lambs and I had a great Greek salad and pasta. Service and food have always been very good there.
    What is a Kerry Kerry Appetizer? I saw it on the menu but wasn't sure what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    What is a Kerry Kerry Appetizer? I saw it on the menu but wasn't sure what it was.
    It used to be ravioli stuffed with shredded barracuda with a spicy red bell pepper sauce. But now it's ravioli stuffed with cheese with a little shredded barracuda on the side. It used to be so good we would fight to try to luck the plate. Still good but not the way it used to be.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Yemanja has indoor (A/C) and outdoor (smoking) seating? How comfortable is the outside with the weather and the smell of smoke. We aren't smokers.

Aruba since 1979
    we have dined outside and the smoke was not an issue.
    the evening we were there it was pretty warm

Quote Originally Posted by Susan&Sunshine View Post
    Yemanja has indoor (A/C) and outdoor (smoking) seating? How comfortable is the outside with the weather and the smell of smoke. We aren't smokers.

Anybody tried that new Peruvian Rest by Paradise Beach Villas?

Hubby and I ate there at the end of March(Peruvian). We really liked it and plan on going back. Good food and service.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Our very own burghboy, aka Aruba Curt, has posted a blog about under rated restaurants.
    http://onehappypodcast.com/ten-crimi...a-restaurants/

We've been to 2 on the list and agree with Twist of Flavors and Elements making this cut for sure! We will be adding Gasparito to our list for November. What are your thoughts on the list?
    Good article. Agree with most of it. Heh.

Every year my last-night-in-Aruba tradition has been to have dinner at Gasparito. Have been to Gostoso, Yemanja, and Twist of Flavors - ok, but nothing to write home about. Want to try Zuzuroh and Redfish.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Anybody tried that new Peruvian Rest by Paradise Beach Villas?
    Some friends of mine ate there last week and loved it.

Love love this blog... being Italian I am picky about the Italian food in Aruba. We takeout Ellioti's often and sit out on the deck of our timeshare. Really great authentic parm,pasta ,alfredo and much much more. Worth a try for takeout.
    Next Aruba Trip [Countdown8/4- 8/18 200PM:]!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123