Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hate to say it...but it sounds like AI is looking like a better deal every time I come on here...off to Corfu in a month, still trying to save enough for my first trip to Aruba.....(someday!).

weather

I am alittle concerened about the weather....it shows RAIN for the next 10 days, and we are coming july 4! What is the weather like now? The web cams on this site do not have any people on the beaches????

Did you go to the Cuban resturant?

The web cams on this site do not have any people on the beaches????
    http://www.bucuticam.com/tarabeach.jpg people cannot be seen in the shadows under the palapas
    http://www.aruba-manchebo.com/webcam/netcam.jpg very large beach and this cam shows only a very very small portion of it
    http://ambrcam.stardotcams.com/ people can always be seen on this cam, though now it is getting late in the day

Quote Originally Posted by magner425 View Post
    I am alittle concerened about the weather....it shows RAIN for the next 10 days, and we are coming july 4! What is the weather like now?
    http://tinyurl.com/23p296 You should hopefully like this forecast.

The island is dry and has been dry. This is typical a dry part of the year and all is normal. If there is rain it falls mainly as a brief early morning shower. I am guessing you are looking at the forecast on weather.com which always predicts rain or showers. Where they get the forecast from I do not know but it is not correct.

if there is rain it falls mainly overnight, early morning, or in the form of a passing tropical shower, typically lasting 10 - 20 minutes. Dh and I usually just stay under our palapa or go into the water and swim.

http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp
    "Weather forecast for the ABC Islands valid until Wednesday morning 06:00 AST, July 1, 2009.
    Last updated: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 06:00 AST (10:00 UTC)

Weather:
    Today through Wednesday morning: Partly cloudy to mostly cloudy, mainly dry and hazy.

Forecast high will be 32C (90F), and low 26C (79F).
    Sunrise will occur at 06:14 A.M. and Sunset will be at 7:04 P.M.

Winds:
    Between East and southeast and moderate to fresh; force 4 to 5 (20 to 39 km/hour, 11 to 21 knots)
    Occasionally strong to possibly near gale in gusts; force 6 to 7 ( 40 to 61 km/hour, 22 to 33 knots).

Synopsis: During the next 24 hours no significant changes are expected in the current weather pattern. A generally dry weather condition will prevail and the Saharian dust will reduce the visibility during this forecast period. [it may make things hazier, but will not produce rain]

Sea conditions:
    With wave heights of 3 to 7 feet, sea condition will be generally moderate.

Tropical weather: None.

Special Features: None.

Outlook until Thursday morning:
    Partly cloudy with chance of a brief local shower.

Forecaster : Luciano.

The next weather forecast will be issued on Tuesday at 11:00 AST (15:00 UTC)"

With regards to the restaurant prices, we found this past year more people were eating in their timeshare and going out to eat less often.

Having said that, there still are less expensive places to eat. We have always found (for example) Tony Romas's prices very high so the increases just go from high to higher. There are lots of ways to help keep costs down like sharing an appetizer or foregoing dessert. The cost of bringing in food to Aruba is very high and price increases in Aruba are no different than at home.

Do your research and you will find less costly alternatives. For example, Chino Latino, Buster's garage, Casua Tua.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Dom
    Was it barracuda? I LOVE the barracuda there when it's the catch of the day!

I agree with you Amy. I also love the barracuda. Unfortunately, the catch of the day was grouper not barracuda. However, the grouper was excellent. I will probably return to the buccaneer next week and hopefully they will have barracuda.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

When we were at Marina Pirata on Friday they had Barracuda as one of their "fish of the day". Amberjack as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Was it barracuda? I LOVE the barracuda there when it's the catch of the day!

I agree with you Amy. I also love the barracuda. Unfortunately, the catch of the day was grouper not barracuda. However, the grouper was excellent. I will probably return to the buccaneer next week and hopefully they will have barracuda.
    Nothing beats properly prepared grouper. I love the pan fried and Papiollette versions at WW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12