Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restaurant Idea for Special Bday???

Talking Restaurant Idea for Special Bday???

Hello Everyone!

My Husband and I will be traveling to Aruba in June, 2012 for his 40th birthday. This is our first trip to Aruba and my first trip out of the US. He was in the Army and has been out of the country before, but I'm from Ohio and the furthest I've been is California My Husband knows we are going out of the country, but does not know where ... I have been planning this for a year to be a surprise for his birthday.
    We are staying at the Manchebo. Can anyone give any suggestion for a nice restaurant so I can surprise his with a birthday dinner? I'm looking for a place on the beach or waterfront. I've read about the Old Man and the Sea, but I don't know if that is too far from our hotel and I'm not sure if that would be too expensive for a cab. As of right now I don't have a car rented, but that may change once we get to the airport.
    Any suggestions or ideas would help me tremendously!!

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    If you had to pick three...

check out this thread.
    and.........the first few pages of posts on this thread go way back to 08 or 09.
    start with last page (most recent) and work your way back.

my suggestions
    for beach/sunset dining.........Barefoot, Pinchos
    My 2 very favorites.........(sorry not beach) is COOKS and Madam Janette

OMATS is expensive for a cab ride and may be just perfect for a 24 hr car rental.......mix that in with a day long island tour/excursion.

Quote Originally Posted by mabella17 View Post

Hello Everyone!

My Husband and I will be traveling to Aruba in June, 2012 for his 40th birthday. This is our first trip to Aruba and my first trip out of the US. He was in the Army and has been out of the country before, but I'm from Ohio and the furthest I've been is California My Husband knows we are going out of the country, but does not know where ... I have been planning this for a year to be a surprise for his birthday.
    We are staying at the Manchebo. Can anyone give any suggestion for a nice restaurant so I can surprise his with a birthday dinner? I'm looking for a place on the beach or waterfront. I've read about the Old Man and the Sea, but I don't know if that is too far from our hotel and I'm not sure if that would be too expensive for a cab. As of right now I don't have a car rented, but that may change once we get to the airport.
    Any suggestions or ideas would help me tremendously!!

Thank you!

Thank you !

Aruba since 1979
    and...........

Marina Pirata is just as delicious as OMATS or Flying fishbone and is not quite as far and not as expensive. Marina Pirata has exquisite waterfront delicious dining.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and...........

Marina Pirata is just as delicious as OMATS or Flying fishbone and is not quite as far and not as expensive. Marina Pirata has exquisite waterfront delicious dining.
    While Marina Pirata has a nice view, its food is not of the same caliber as Flying Fishbone, Passions, or Barefoot. My personal preference would be Passions or Barefoot. Flying Fishbone has great food, too, but has lost some of the intimate romance since they added more tables to their beach area (seems too crowded to me for a romantic dinner now.) It's an easy taxi ride to both Barefoot and Passions if you're not renting a car.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I vote for passions. We go every year for our anniversary.

There is lot of information in these threads

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants%20romantic.html

When we are on the island for a special occasion we choose Passions.

Aruba since 1979
    with respect amy i disagree
    imo, the food at marina pirata is excellent
    the seating is terrific and the water is well lit and it is a very pretty location.

Our restaurant picks for 8/11-25
    here is some more restaurant chatter

i really recommend taking lots of time and reading thru the culinary section

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    While Marina Pirata has a nice view, its food is not of the same caliber as Flying Fishbone, Passions, or Barefoot. My personal preference would be Passions or Barefoot. Flying Fishbone has great food, too, but has lost some of the intimate romance since they added more tables to their beach area (seems too crowded to me for a romantic dinner now.) It's an easy taxi ride to both Barefoot and Passions if you're not renting a car.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-18-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    with respect amy i disagree
    imo, the food at marina pirata is excellent
    the seating is terrific and the water is well lit and it is a very pretty location.
    I'm not saying the food at Marina Pirata is not good. It is a very nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere and food. But.....if you're looking for upscale cuisine for a special occasion, Marina Pirata is not it. I think of Marina Pirata as more of a casual food place (I seem to remember alot of fried/beer battered food) with a nice outdoor atmosphere.

If someone recommended it to me for a special occasion dinner and I went there, I would have been very disappointed with the menu because I'm looking for something upscale as far as food. I guess the best thing to do is look at the menus of the ones that people have recommended and pick one with a menu that YOU like.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-19-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Mabella17 - First and most of all - Happy 40th to your hubby. Celebrating his special day on the beautifual island of Aruba will certainly be an occasion to remember. Aruba has a range of possibilites to enjoy such a special occasion. You don't have to be an "upper crust snob" and go to the most expensive places to enjoy everything Aruba has to offer - not everyone needs to spend their money to validate that they had a great time.

The experience is all about the moment, that special moment . . . and you have the good fortune of a trip to an island that offers a complete range of possibilities. Sincerely . . . a toast with a glass of wine at sunset on any of Aruba's beautiful beaches followed by a quiet dinner at any of the number of restaurants will certainly be an evening to remember.

It is not about how much you spend, but moreoever, how much you make of whatever it is you can afford or want to spend.

Enjpy your time in Aruba - it is a special place for many.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast