Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restaurant Idea for Special Bday???

Quote Originally Posted by arubanole View Post
    We dined with back swans. They actually swim near your table.

Baby Beach, the Lighthouse, downtown Oranjestad, the beach at Aruba Beach Club, golf at Divi Liniks.
    Marina Pirata is one of our favorite restaurants. Initially when we first went there, we didn't have a very good experience and didn't think we'd ever try it again. Thankfully, we gave it another chance and I'm so glad we did. We've been going back ever since. Haven't been to Flying Fishbone in recent years. Our daughter reported that the sand fleas were so bad when she went that we decided it wasn't worth the drive or the expense to get eaten alive. I remember the food being good though. I don't think most of the menu at Marina Pirata is fried food. And, the fish certainly is fresh and you can have it prepared several different ways. I would not hesitate to recommend Marina Pirata to anyone. In fact, we are taking friends that have never been to Aruba there in just a couple weeks. I love it for the food AND the local flavor.

Aruba since 1979
    i agree about Marina Pirata
    the food is delicious and the setting/location so very pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyoh View Post
    Marina Pirata is one of our favorite restaurants. Initially when we first went there, we didn't have a very good experience and didn't think we'd ever try it again. Thankfully, we gave it another chance and I'm so glad we did. We've been going back ever since. Haven't been to Flying Fishbone in recent years. Our daughter reported that the sand fleas were so bad when she went that we decided it wasn't worth the drive or the expense to get eaten alive. I remember the food being good though. I don't think most of the menu at Marina Pirata is fried food. And, the fish certainly is fresh and you can have it prepared several different ways. I would not hesitate to recommend Marina Pirata to anyone. In fact, we are taking friends that have never been to Aruba there in just a couple weeks. I love it for the food AND the local flavor.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum sterling!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Hi All! New here! Wife and I are about to make our second trip to Aruba this week! Staying at the Hyatt again and can't wait. I'm seeing the restaurant suggestions here and am intrigued about MP, especially that filet mignon. Last time we went to El Gaucho and had the most amazing Argentinian steak. I would figure it'd be a fun place for a birthday too especially with the mariachis there. Anyhow, how do you native Arubans feel about El Gaucho? Is it as good as I thought or a tourist trap? If there's better steak on the island, we'd DEFINITELY want to know about it!!! Thanks in advance and we'll see you soon!

California Lighthouse!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123