Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Restaurant overload Need some places to fill in on my lengthy list

  1. #1
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51

    Restaurant overload Need some places to fill in on my lengthy list

    This has been a hard to do choosing where to go.... I looked at Passions and Elements but we have our 12 year old .. so no go. He is a foodie .. Should I even try to budget how much this is going to cost... nahhhh

    Dinner options:

    Aqua Grill
    MJ's
    Chalet S
    Chef's Table
    French Steakhouse
    LG's
    Fishes and More
    ?
    ?
    Lunch:
    Cuba's
    Lady Face (even though I have no idea where this is )
    Iguana Joes
    Zeerovers
    West Deck (don't know hours? or if they are open for lunch)
    Salt and Pepper

    Breakfast

    Linda's
    Mathews
    Scott's Brats
    Need more here!

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897


    i can add a few suggestions. Please remember these are only my opinions.

    Barneys and Amedeus for dinner! If u have to ditch one, my ditch would be Aqua grill and LG Smith.

    West Deck is open for lunch.

    IMO , it seems that your whole day is revolving around meals…… are you folks beach people/pool people?
    where are you staying?
    You may never want to leave the beach to do breakfast/lunch

    you folks may be too full from breakfast for lunch OR from lunch for dinner.

    if i were in your shoes, i would wing it for breakfast or lunch….have a nice breakfast or a nice lunch…not both.
    but that's only my opinion!


    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4us View Post
    This has been a hard to do choosing where to go.... I looked at Passions and Elements but we have our 12 year old .. so no go. He is a foodie .. Should I even try to budget how much this is going to cost... nahhhh

    Dinner options:

    Aqua Grill
    MJ's
    Chalet S
    Chef's Table
    French Steakhouse
    LG's
    Fishes and More
    ?
    ?
    Lunch:
    Cuba's
    Lady Face (even though I have no idea where this is )
    Iguana Joes
    Zeerovers
    West Deck (don't know hours? or if they are open for lunch)
    Salt and Pepper

    Breakfast

    Linda's
    Mathews
    Scott's Brats
    Need more here!

  3. #3
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Thanks Andrea!
    We are going to do breakfast or lunch not both.. maybe some fruits for beach/Pool and so on... I just like having options. As for Dinner every night And we are sleeping at the Riu. We are not doing the AI the whole time because we are explorers and like the local restuarants too much to not go to them.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,670
    A few more places that we like and have gone to more than once are; Amadeus and Taste of Belgium.

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897
    for some reason i thought that if one was a guest of the riu, all inclusive was the only option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4us View Post
    Thanks Andrea!
    We are going to do breakfast or lunch not both.. maybe some fruits for beach/Pool and so on... I just like having options. As for Dinner every night And we are sleeping at the Riu. We are not doing the AI the whole time because we are explorers and like the local restuarants too much to not go to them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,083
    My suggestion would be to walk down to Playa Linda one evening and have dinner there at Azzuros. We think that it is fantastic.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Gilligan's at the Radisson does a great lunch as well as Bugaloo Beach Bar....with never leaving the beach. If you do Fishes n More, they have an early bird special until 7 and all evening Tuesday if you ask for the menu. Your son would probably enjoy Texas de Brazil or Amazonia for dinner. What about Amuse Bistro at the Playa Linda for dinner.... that should take car of a 'foodie'... Smokey Joe's is a great casual dinner. All that I have mentioned (and there are many, many others available) would be a short walk from the Rui. Bon appetite!

  8. #8
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    The first day we are getting in late and wanted to go somewhere close.. @cpjones I was looking at Tango's of TDB ... looking up the others

  9. #9
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    for some reason i thought that if one was a guest of the riu, all inclusive was the only option.
    Aruba4us may be renting one of the timeshares at the RIU which is not mandatory AI.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    My suggestion would be to walk down to Playa Linda one evening and have dinner there at Azzuros. We think that it is fantastic.
    I agree. Azzurro's for Italian is my favorite.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO