Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Restaurant overload Need some places to fill in on my lengthy list

  1. #11
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    for some reason i thought that if one was a guest of the riu, all inclusive was the only option.
    Sorry missed this ... Yes we are staying in the Timeshare..So we eat where we want.

  2. #12
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I agree. Azzurro's for Italian is my favorite.
    If we do Italian it will be just one time.. Is this your pick for Italian?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    [QUOTE=Aruba4us;257052]If we do Italian it will be just one time.. Is this your pick for Italian?[/QUOTE

    Many people like Sole Mare better. I like the ambience at Azzurro.

  4. #14
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Any good Mexican restaurants?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,670
    The Hyatt has Mexicado but we haven't been and there have been mixed reviews. I think most get their Mexican fix at Iguana Cantina or Seņor Frogs. For Italian We like Sole Mare but there was another spot Andrea posted about recently that they like. I think it was Pizza and More. (Andrea please correct me if I'm wrong).

  6. #16
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    Great Italaian is indeed Pizza N More , on Main St across from Maggys
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The Hyatt has Mexicado but we haven't been and there have been mixed reviews. I think most get their Mexican fix at Iguana Cantina or Seņor Frogs. For Italian We like Sole Mare but there was another spot Andrea posted about recently that they like. I think it was Pizza and More. (Andrea please correct me if I'm wrong).

  7. #17
    Senior Member AUA1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    Posts
    743
    I agree with Azzurros. The food is good, the location and decor is wonderful and the wait staff is great. They were very patient with a lady and her better-half when she did not like their table location next to us (I overheard her say she didn't want to sit next to a family with kids; mine were 15 and 17 at the time and have always been well-mannered). They told her there would be a few minutes wait as it was Christmas week and they were very busy; there was no empty table. She put up a fuss, and they did everything they could to pacify her. She and better-half ended up at the bar for complimentary drinks while they waited for the next table to clear. During the whole episode management was very professional.

    I wouldn't hesitate to eat at the Hyatt. Ruinas del Mar doesn't get mentioned often. It is awesome and my favorite place for a special occasion meal. I think I've mentioned before that in general conversation with our waiter, we determined he was our waiter at the Holiday Inn on our honeymoon (over 2 decades earlier). He deduced we were there for our anniversary and had the chef prepare us a dessert. I've always thought that the Hyatt restaurants are too hidden from view and not marketed much. They are down on a lower level and kind of hidden from view, but IMO worth seeking them out.

  8. #18
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989;257059[FONT=comic sans ms


    I wouldn't hesitate to eat at the Hyatt. Ruinas del Mar doesn't get mentioned often. It is awesome and my favorite place for a special occasion meal. I think I've mentioned before that in general conversation with our waiter, we determined he was our waiter at the Holiday Inn on our honeymoon (over 2 decades earlier). He deduced we were there for our anniversary and had the chef prepare us a dessert. I've always thought that the Hyatt restaurants are too hidden from view and not marketed much. They are down on a lower level and kind of hidden from view, but IMO worth seeking them out.
    [/FONT]
    How interesting that you recognized him (your waiter) very nice.
    I laughed at your continued mentioning of the women's better half LOL By the way, I think her behavior is ridiculous ! But I love kids and people of all kinds.
    I just looked up Mexicado and I am a sucker for anything fresh Avocado. Yum!
    My dilemma is narrowing this list down & not to over load ours days with just food like Andrea said.
    I just looked up Bug bar and it's very close to where we are staying.
    Last edited by Aruba4us; 05-19-2014 at 09:50 AM.

  9. #19
    Member Aruba4us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The Hyatt has Mexicado but we haven't been and there have been mixed reviews. I think most get their Mexican fix at Iguana Cantina or Seņor Frogs. For Italian We like Sole Mare but there was another spot Andrea posted about recently that they like. I think it was Pizza and More. (Andrea please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Iguana Cantina is that like Iguana Joe's ? Which is the one downtown upstairs that faces the cruise ships? I had a killer drink there once, I don't remember much else about that day or how I got back on the ship afterwards.

  10. #20
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4us View Post
    Iguana Cantina is that like Iguana Joe's ? Which is the one downtown upstairs that faces the cruise ships? I had a killer drink there once, I don't remember much else about that day or how I got back on the ship afterwards.
    Same ownership. Iguana Joe's downtown was first, then Smokey Joe's and then Iguana Cantina. The websites are linked. http://www.iguanajoesaruba.com/

    BTW.. here's the menu for Mexicado at the Hyatt. Too rich for my blood for Mexican food. However the Hyatt will be top quality and very well prepared and presented.

    http://aruba.hyatt.com/content/dam/P...inner_Menu.pdf

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cpjones; 05-19-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO