Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Restaurant overload Need some places to fill in on my lengthy list

I guess I am on Aruba so much, I tend to hit the more local spots. You mentioned Zeerovers and we really like that but 2 places on the Island that are my absolute favorite, they never get mentioned. I am going to share them with you incase anyone out there wants a really great meal with a local experience, because that's about the only people that eat there.
    #1 Sultans. This is a very small place about 5 minutes from the airport. At the circle, you would head into the Island and go thru another circle and pass by the BIG Kooymans and come to a T road. Turn left for a minute and go around another traffic circle and on your right hand side, you will see Sultans. They are open 7 days a week for lunch and supper. My favorite there is the lamb platter. A lot of people get the platter for 2 and its lamb, chicken and steak all cut up. They bring you that hot bread pockets and all the sides like humus, rice, toboolee, garlic sauce and hot sauce. You make your little poaches and put the sauce on and its to die for. I love the lamb sooo much, I always tell them a mixed platter for 2 with all lamb. Everyone I have ever taken there, they keep wanting to go back. No lie, I could eat there every other night!!!
    #2: LaGranja. There is one in Saveneta and they also have one down town really close to Cooks. They have the best rotisserary chicken. There slaw and rice and fries are the best. They also have fish, steak, ribs and other things. The portions are huge. For $10 each, you can eat all you want.
    If you ever want to try something local and special, you will love the food and the price!! Sorry for the spelling errors. I didn't do very well in English!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    yum

we never made it to Sultans during our most recent trip.
    it is on the top for next trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I guess I am on Aruba so much, I tend to hit the more local spots. You mentioned Zeerovers and we really like that but 2 places on the Island that are my absolute favorite, they never get mentioned. I am going to share them with you incase anyone out there wants a really great meal with a local experience, because that's about the only people that eat there.
    #1 Sultans. This is a very small place about 5 minutes from the airport. At the circle, you would head into the Island and go thru another circle and pass by the BIG Kooymans and come to a T road. Turn left for a minute and go around another traffic circle and on your right hand side, you will see Sultans. They are open 7 days a week for lunch and supper. My favorite there is the lamb platter. A lot of people get the platter for 2 and its lamb, chicken and steak all cut up. They bring you that hot bread pockets and all the sides like humus, rice, toboolee, garlic sauce and hot sauce. You make your little poaches and put the sauce on and its to die for. I love the lamb sooo much, I always tell them a mixed platter for 2 with all lamb. Everyone I have ever taken there, they keep wanting to go back. No lie, I could eat there every other night!!!
    #2: LaGranja. There is one in Saveneta and they also have one down town really close to Cooks. They have the best rotisserary chicken. There slaw and rice and fries are the best. They also have fish, steak, ribs and other things. The portions are huge. For $10 each, you can eat all you want.
    If you ever want to try something local and special, you will love the food and the price!! Sorry for the spelling errors. I didn't do very well in English!!!

Kent,

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us. I am going to have to write down the directions carefully. Maybe this could be the meal we have when we leave the airport ( we are usually very hungry then) I wonder if they would do it to go .. as I imagine my family might be tired that night.
    Good call on the Chicken I can never spell that word either.. LOL rotisserie I think maybe not

kent---tell me more about LaGrange.....sounds perfect for the boys......where exactly are both located? i cant find info for them. thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234