Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Restaurant question's

I've come across a few threads where people mentioned the prices at some restaurant were pretty high ie: tomats, madame jeanettes and a few others tht i can't remember off the top of my head, but I would like to know what "expensive" is. I'm from NY where everything is "expensive" so I'm wondering if things are like NY prices or what.......

Thanks! I was a bit concerned b/c I keep hearing abt things being "soo expensive" and as a Ny'er nothing is really tht expensive! When we go out to eat we usually spend $120+ for two so I wasn't sure if I was looking at wayy more than tht! Thanks!!

You will be just fine! The $120 will include a nice bottle of wine with most of your dinners.

Hi ArubaLisa

I did a lot of research about restaurants including plenty of recommendations from Philly friends. We are only in Aruba for 4 nights (grrrrrr had to cut it short as my son has his senior prom and wants us home). I have chosen for our first night PINCHOS as it was recommended. I also want us to go to Madam Jeanettes, Papiementos and then a GOOD steakhouse. I heard that French Steak house is great. However, I would REALLY appreciate if you'd recommend the BEST known and most tasty steakhouse. Preferably in easy reach of Playa Linda as I don't want to spend $60 bucks for a taxi.

I'd really appreciate your personal opinion and anyone else that has tried these restaurants. I am NOT concerned about the cost. My first vacation in 7 years, I can afford the prices.

Thanks

El Gaucho too

Just read about El Gaucho in the Fodor's. It's listed as the BEST steak house but so is French's....HELP PLEASE

For a steakhouse I would read through some of the threads at http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/steakhouse.html

If I were going for a good steak in Aruba, I would go to LG Smith's Steakhouse at the Renaissance. It is a "reasonably priced" taxi ride from the Playa Linda.

El Gauchos has never been our steakhouse of choice. Imo, and not everyone agrees, this is quantity vs. quantity and Argentinian beef vs. USDA certified Angus that you would find at LG Smiths.

Hi
    Thanks for the lead. I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that Argentinian beef is not as good as USDA Angus?

Also, do you personally know of Pinchos and Passions? I would love an opinion of both as we have so few nights.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsAruba View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the lead. I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that Argentinian beef is not as good as USDA Angus?
    Imo, the Angus Certified is much much more tender than Argentinian beef.

Also, do you personally know of Pinchos and Passions? I would love an opinion of both as we have so few nights.
    We did not have an enjoyable experience or dinner at Pinchos, but others here rave about it.

Passions we loved. We found Passions to be our best dinner of our trip last June and look forward to returning again for our anniversary this June.
    From our review:

"Friday night for our anniversary, a friend as well as my parents, had recommended Passions on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Diana the hostess/maître d' and everything from the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect and a wonderful evening. Our table was closest to the water with torches and a lantern on the table. I can imagine how nice it would be at sunset, however since we can view that from the comfort of our patio, and like to eat later, dining under the stars with the Aruban tradewinds are just delightful in my book!

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi-mahi. I had a filet mignon and dh had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Everything was delicious! If anyone has that recipe for the crab salad you just pass it on to me please!

Dessert was amazing ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. Even dd had a double decaf Espresso. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn."

Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast