Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Restaurant recommandations PLZ

Restaurant recommandations PLZ

Hi everyone,

We'll be coming back to wonderful Aruba next February for 10 days... can't wait.

Last we were here, back in 2010, we went to quite a few remarkable restaurants, and I would like your inputs as to which places we should make reservations for in priority because they are SO great ;-)

Last time, we went to Madame Janette and Papiamento, which were fantastic experiences that we will certainly repeat, and El Gaucho and Chalet Suisse which were pretty good, but not quite at the same level...

Has anything changes about those ? And what other restaurant should we look out for ? I remember at the time, we got good reviews for barefoot and Flying fishbone but couldn't make it... are these still around ? and still top notch ?

thanks for all informations you can give us, will be really appreciated !

Élise and Martin
    Last edited by tedhebert; 01-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    all of those places are still around and very popular.

if you want nice waterfront dining and not have to travel all the way south to flyng fishbone, i recommend Barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by tedhebert View Post
    Hi everyone,

We'll be coming back to wounderful Aruba next February for 10 days... can't wait.

Last we were here, back in 2010, we went to quite a few remarkable restaurants, and I would like your inputs as to which places we should make reservations for in priority because they are SO great ;-)

Last time, we went to Madame Janette and Papiamento, which were fantastic experiences that we will certainly repeat, and El Gaucho and Chalet Suisse which were pretty good, but not quite at the same level...

Has anything changes about those ? And what other restaurant should we look out for ? I remember at the time, we got good reviews for barefoot and Flying fishbone but couldn't make it... are these still around ? and still top notch ?

thanks for all informations you can give us, will be really appreciated !

Élise and Martin

Quinta del Carmen has had some amazing reviews and some not so great, but may be a place to check out.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for the anwers...

As we will be renting a house in Noord, I have seen that Wacky Wahoo and 2 fools and a bull are very close by... are they worth the trip ?

And I have read a lot of good things about Fred's restaurant, Tango and Screaming Eagle... are those warranted...

Thanks again

***EDIT***
    Ok i see that Fred's and 2 fools should have been reserved a year ago it seems ;-( Hopefully the others will have more availablity !
    Last edited by tedhebert; 01-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Screaming Eagle has been rated very highly by Caribbean Journal. We also liked Barefoot, Passions, and Pinchos. We haven't been to Wacky Wahoo yet but hope to this trip. Elements good was great, as was the view, but our server was very inattentive.

As my hubby says about Aruba, "too many good restaurants, too little time".

I would search this section for info on Fred's, 2 Fools, etc. Barefoot is still our favorite beach-side dining spot. It looks as though you want high end places, so I recommend looking at the websites of the restaurant you're interested in. Local Store, Bingo and Barney's are real close to Wacky Wahoo and both have good food for good prices. If you're going next month you need to make rsvps as soon as possible for the higher end places.

We have always enjoyed Madame Janette and have found it to be consistent. This past trip though our favorite meal was at Yemanja, downtown. For more casual spots we enjoyed Ricardo’s, Hung Paradise and Pizza Bob’s.

jaw
    I would suggest:

Barefoot
    Que Pasa
    The Old Cunucu House
    Terrazzo (good Italian)

Aruba since 1979
    re: wacky wahoo
    their reservation policy is frustrating.
    they do not have email.
    they only answer the phone after 4 pm for reservation calls.

so, if you can get through to them, that would be good.

they have good wahoo and mahi and snapper.
    my favorite is their dessert...cashew cake.

it is not a fancy or upscale place.
    very casual and and it is pretty noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I would search this section for info on Fred's, 2 Fools, etc. Barefoot is still our favorite beach-side dining spot. It looks as though you want high end places, so I recommend looking at the websites of the restaurant you're interested in. Local Store, Bingo and Barney's are real close to Wacky Wahoo and both have good food for good prices. If you're going next month you need to make rsvps as soon as possible for the higher end places.
    Actually, yes it DOES look like we only want high end places, but it's more that there is more publicity and info on those places... What we like is great food and great wine... and our tastes are pretty wide... in fact, we are planning for 5 meals at 'reservation only' place and 4-5 meals at every day places, so yes, please, DO give us some info on more everyday place... I will look into bingo and Barney's...

We rent a house and like to make our grocery and prepare our breakfast and lunch meals ourselves... and we want to go out for dinner for nice meals ;-) That's what aruba life is about !

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast