Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: restaurant recommendation

restaurant recommendation

I like seafood, the wife does not like seafood. Can anyone recommend a place where we can sit at the bar, have a drink, and I can have an incredible seafood meal. I prefer not to take up a table with her not eating and I don't mind eating at the bar.

We will be on the island Jan 16 - 24, we were in Aruba last year at the same time, but did not partake in any of the "higher-end" seafood restaurants.

Any of the "frequent mentions" have good bar seating? Also, what would your favorite dish be at that place?

Thanks to everyone, this site is an invaluable resource.

Aruba since 1979
    Barneys has good bar seating.
    you can get a nice grouper dinner and she could have beef or ribs or something else from their varied menu.
    (terrific schnitzel too)

or you could sit at a table

Most restaurants offer a variety of foods so you can have seafood and your wife can have meat or a vegetarian dish.

"White Modern" has a beautiful bar but most of the restaurants on the island do both seafood and non-seafood well so I wouldn't recommend limiting yourselves to save a table.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    "White Modern" has a beautiful bar but most of the restaurants on the island do both seafood and non-seafood well so I wouldn't recommend limiting yourselves to save a table.
    Not sure if this is still the case or not but I tried to eat at their bar (White Modern) once when I was dining solo and they wouldn't allow it. I have eaten at the bars at Bingo, Barney's, Tulip, Salt & Pepper, West Deck, Pincho, and Yemanja.

As others said though, most of the restaurants on the island serve both seafood and non-seafood (meat, pasta, etc.) Seems like I always have the option of fish or steak at most places we go to.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    You could also try Pinchos. You could sit at the bar or get a table. They have salads and meat dishes, along with seafood. You and your wife could enjoy the spectacular views. We really like Barneys, but have seen several people smoking at their bar, including the bar tender. Smoke really bothers me, so I could never sit at their bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Not sure if this is still the case or not but I tried to eat at their bar (White Modern) once when I was dining solo and they wouldn't allow it. I have eaten at the bars at Bingo, Barney's, Tulip, Salt & Pepper, West Deck, Pincho, and Yemanja.

As others said though, most of the restaurants on the island serve both seafood and non-seafood (meat, pasta, etc.) Seems like I always have the option of fish or steak at most places we go to.a c
    i could swear I saw a couple eating at the bar last time we went... Oh well...Maybe they don't allow it any longer? Call ahead? But...yes, no need to eat at the bar unless it's your goal.

I often wondered if they allowed eating at the bar at Chalet Suiise. Its always empty.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    White Modern Cuisine is drinks only at the bar. Some of the places I have eaten at the bar are: Yemanja, Pincho's, Azzurro's at Playa Linda, Que Pasa, Bingo's, Salt & Pepper, Sea Breeze and Oceanside Bar & Grill at Holiday Inn, Scala at Paseo Herencia mall, Tulip (MVC), Ellioti's at Costa Linda, Ricardo's at Aruba Beach Club, Reflextions at Surfside Beach, Matthew's at Casa del Mar, Water's Edge at Costa Linda. For Seafood cuisine dining at a bar I recommend: 1. Yemanja, 2. Azzurro 3. Ellioti's 4. Ricardo's 5. Matthew's

I second the Yemanja recommendation. It's one of our favorites and the bar is small and airy since it backs up to a patio. As others have said, there are plenty of non-seafood options as well as vegetarian options at this little gem of a restaurant. They also have some awesome appetizers which could double as small plates for your spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    White Modern Cuisine is drinks only at the bar. Some of the places I have eaten at the bar are: Yemanja, Pincho's, Azzurro's at Playa Linda, Que Pasa, Bingo's, Salt & Pepper, Sea Breeze and Oceanside Bar & Grill at Holiday Inn, Scala at Paseo Herencia mall, Tulip (MVC), Ellioti's at Costa Linda, Ricardo's at Aruba Beach Club, Reflextions at Surfside Beach, Matthew's at Casa del Mar, Water's Edge at Costa Linda. For Seafood cuisine dining at a bar I recommend: 1. Yemanja, 2. Azzurro 3. Ellioti's 4. Ricardo's 5. Matthew's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast