Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Restaurant Reviews 4/16-4/23

We got back this past weekend from a wonderful trip to Aruba. We ate at the following places:

Smokey Joe's - realllllly good. Actually ate there twice. First time we got there around 8:00 p.m. and had to wait about 35-40 mins. Second time got there at 7 p.m. no wait at all and we had a party of 8 both times. Just like their slogan says, "best ribs in the caribbean". Huge portions, prices were decent. Highly recommend this place. Very causual, amazing drinks. Ask for the Happy Tourist! Service was great. Bartenders were soooo nice!

Le Petit - it was pretty good. Not great. I had the shrimp and pasta in a spicy sauce which was good but everyone else didn't care for thier meals which were served on piping hot stones. They had the Grouper and steaks. Portions were small and they had a very loud Lionel Ritchie wanna be singer right near our table. Kids were annoyed.

Old Canuto House - hmmmm. You would think a saturday night in aruba it would be almost impossible to get in anywhere. We were the ONLY people there. Slightly hard to find, looked like you were in somone's house which was pretty cool, food was good, prices a little high, good sized portions. Staff was very attentive but then again, we were the only ones there.

Casa Tua - realllllly good. Great chn parm. Good size portions, prices were good. Pizza was so so but thier dinners were excellent. Fun atmosphere.

Cafe Rembrendt - Another realllly good place. Very dark wood, awesome bar, our table had candelabras on it which was really cool. Food was great.

Gianni's - Great place for italian food. Nice atmosphere, service was good.

Pelican Pier - great place for lunch. The mahi mahi sandwich was delicious.

Champions in the Marriot - awesome for lunch. Had the grouper sandwich. Excellent.

Iguana Joe's downtown - Again, great. Excellent drinks.

We found that the majority of places you did not have to wait long for a table if at all. Not sure if thats due to tourism being down? We've been to many islands and found that Aruba in fact did have the best food.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCT View Post
    Old Canuto House - hmmmm. You would think a saturday night in aruba it would be almost impossible to get in anywhere. We were the ONLY people there. Slightly hard to find, looked like you were in somone's house which was pretty cool, food was good, prices a little high, good sized portions. Staff was very attentive but then again, we were the only ones there.Enjoy!
    Would you return here?

Would I return to the Old Canuto House? If you are repeat Aruba vacationer and have tried many of the restaurants on the island and are looking for something a little different or new I would go. If this was to be your first or even second time to Aruba I would pass. There are soooo many other great restaurants I would recommend over this one. But that being said, the food was pretty good and the service good. I'm not sure if many people don't know about this place casue they don't advertise, we asked. It really is like dining in someone's house, did not feel like you were in a restaurant and that is what makes it different from all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCT View Post
    Would I return to the Old Canuto House?
    Are you talking about The Old Cunucu House?

http://www.theoldcunucuhouse.com/about_us.php
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

LOL yes thats it.

I enjoyed the Old Cunucu house. When I went (2004) it was about 90% full. I ordered the Keshi Yena ...

Staff was quite attentive even with the crowd.