Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: ~~ Restaurant Spotlight Madame Janette

Never again, not even if the meal were free. Overrated and an absentee chef who is now a CFO and not a cook.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We eat there at least 5 to 7 times per year. It's our favorite place on the island. Love their new tuna appetizer and their almond grouper!

Love MJ's We spend our last evening in Aruba there every year! Consistently great service and amazing meals. Thanks for the reminder - I need to make a reservation for this year!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Sorry

I know I am in the minority here, but I just don't think MJ's is that good. I was disappointed the first time I ate there (when it first opened) and I have been disappointed several times since then. I have also had very good meals there. When they are good...they are very good, but when they are bad...they are very bad! Not worth the risk for me. Too many other consistantly good restaurants on the island.
    Last edited by Arlene; 04-02-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo

Aruba since 1979
    it is ok that you are in the minority

here, we have the civility and respectfulness to disagree with courtesy!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
    I know I am in the minority here, but I just don't think MJ's is that good. I was disappointed the first time I ate there (when it first opened) and I have been disappointed several times since then. I have also had very good meals there. When they are good...they are very good, but when they are bad...they are very bad! Not worth the risk for me. Too many other consistantly good restaurants on the island.

This is one of our stops every year! I have read reviews on bad experiences but we have been lucky enough to always get great service, amazing food and drinks! But we have always made sure to make a reservation in advance and we alwasy get on island time once we arrive in Aruba so we are very laid back. We usually pick a few different plates so that everyone can try. My dad is a big craft beer drinker so this is one of his favorite stops they have an amazing selection!

Looking forward to showing our wedding guests the restaurant in June!

Cindyo, rob o and Arlene, I couldn't agree more...

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    If everyone agreed on food, you would only need one restaurant.

We never had issues with MJ's as Cindy, Rob and Arlene have. It's just that we never thought it was so special. Reading others' complaints and MJ's responses was enough to keep us away.

Don't mean to go off topic but after Cindyo's comment about Quinta De Carmen I went to trip advisor for some pictures, reviews, went to website and was impressed. Someone wrote on trip advisor, MJs beware! LOL I have to check this place out..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast