Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Restaurant Spotlight ~~ Pizza Bob ~~

Aruba since 1979

Restaurant Spotlight ~~ Pizza Bob ~~

Please tell of your experiences.

We had dinner at the PB, a few years back , the location was the PB at Costa Linda area.
    We all ordered lasagna and salads.
    2 of us enjoyed our meals, the other 2 found their lasagnas to be frozen in the middle.

Fast forward to 2015.
    We ordered a PB pizza as take out at the PB located at Tropicana.
    Undoubtedly the worst pizza we have eaten in a long time.
    Doughy lightly cooked crust, sparse toppings and bland sauce.

We did not realize how lousy it was til we got it back to the apartment and then we just ate it.
    I did call later and told them how disappointed we were.
    they asked for my email and would issue a rain check.
    We did get a "rain check" by email , months later for a redo.

We will take them up on the raincheck as many do say how wonderful the pizza is.
    It may have just been an off night.

I remember reading on this site that some had experienced unauthorized credit card charges after using their CC at Pizza Bobs.

We ate at the first location a few years ago and it was OK. Pizza was better than Tomato Charlie's. We still prefer Casa Tua.

We loved Pizza Bob's when it first opened many years ago (the location behind Costa Linda). But then every year it seemed to get worse than the year before. Last time we had a pizza there was probably about 4 years ago - never again - tasted like cardboard. Our "fun story" about Pizza Bob's is that every time we ate there we always ordered a salad with our pizza....and every time the pizza would be delivered to our table with no salad. When we would inquire to our server about our salad the response was always something similar to "Oh, did you want a salad, too?" Our running joke is that they really don't have lettuce....ever. And we always had to order a salad just to see if we would ever get one. Never did. LOL!

We usually order pizza (to go) from Linda's now where we can get Gouda cheese on it.

Linda's Pizza:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Restaurant Spotlight   ~~ Pizza Bob  ~~-lindaspizza27.jpg  
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 09-25-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

That pizza is would probably add few lbs, immediately....
    Have been dieting, well changed eating habits, that pizza would set me back 2 months... lol

Aruba since 1979
    We love most everything at Linda's but not the Gouda pizza there.
    Dear son loves it though. I find it just too heavy and rich. Does anyone know if Pizza Bob has. White pizza on their menu ?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We loved Pizza Bob's when it first opened many years ago (the location behind Costa Linda). But then every year it seemed to get worse than the year before. Last time we had a pizza there was probably about 4 years ago - never again - tasted like cardboard. Our "fun story" about Pizza Bob's is that every time we ate there we always ordered a salad with our pizza....and every time the pizza would be delivered to our table with no salad. When we would inquire to our server about our salad the response was always something similar to "Oh, did you want a salad, too?" Our running joke is that they really don't have lettuce....ever. And we always had to order a salad just to see if we would ever get one. Never did. LOL!

We usually order pizza (to go) from Linda's now where we can get Gouda cheese on it.

Linda's Pizza:

That pizza looks formidable!

When we're on vacation we tend to splurge a little. Most nights I'm a grilled fish (not fried) and salad person (love both) but I will splurge on a good pizza on occasion.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We always go to PB during our stay (the one next to Alhambro) we always loved the pizza and the entertainment in the evening. Last year we decided to go for lunch one afternoon, my husband and myself were the only ones there except for a couple at the bar. The pizza came out very overcooked, this was the first bad pizza I had there. Don't really understand how they could overcook it since the place was empty but will try it again. Seems like the locals really love the pizza the place is always crazy busy in the evenings.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have never had a problem at Pizza Bobs by Costa Linda. Always good pizza with lots of cheese and toppings. The farmers salad is also good. It is like a caprese salad on a bed of lettuce.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We usually eat at Pizza Bob's by Costa Linda on our first night. Maybe it's the excitement of being back in Aruba, and sitting outside in the warm breeze in Jan, but it always tastes great to us. The only problem that we've noticed is the service is generally incredibly slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast