Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Restaurant suggestions - Good food, Vacation Atmosphere

Restaurant suggestions - Good food, Vacation Atmosphere

I will be traveling to Aruba with my college age children (drinking age). I have to admit I have made reservations and canceled because I don't want to be on a schedule. However, I know there is great food to be had on Aruba and want to hit the good eats with a vacation atmosphere. So, the only plan I want to have is a list.

Legends is on the list for dinner. Chalet Suisse wouldn't be this time. I love to eat outside so places like Bugaloe will get a visit or two. Any good suggestions for those places you walk into without the fuss and are always happy you went? A place you end up ordering that next drink without planning to?

We are staying on palm beach but, are willing to travel if the atmosphere is worth it.

It's in downtown Oranjestad, but we've always liked Iguana Joe's for it's atmosphere, great Mojito's and food. It's 2nd floor location overlooking downtown makes it a great people-watching spot.
    Last edited by geoawelch; 04-30-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    April/May in Aruba - ahhh

That sounds exactly what I am looking for! My boys would love this and I love a good mojito. I checked out the photos and it looks like a fun place. Thank you!

We enjoy West Deck (Downtown). Late afternoon is a good time without a reservation. It's has a porch like setting along the water and it's fun to watch the pelicans. Portions are small plates so we tend to order a bunch of different dishes. Nice tropical cocktails too!

Our newest go to lunch/happy hour spot in Palm Beach is upstairs next door to Moomba, in between Moomba beach and the Marriott Surf Club. Its called Nos Clubhouse. They have a noon happy hour and fresh fish lunch special, as well as other things on the menu. They were playing beachy/chill island style music. Its a great view. Would be good for sunset too.

Those both look great. Nos Clubhouse looks like a good lunch place.

Looking at all the pics, I am ready!

Aruba since 1979
    Hung Paradise downtonat seaport marketplace, Islander Grill @ LaCabana, Barneys

2 casual restaurants on piers - Bugaloe is in front of the Hilton and Pelican Nest in front of Holiday Inn..both have decent lunches -IMO the grouper sandwich at Pelican is the best on the island. Bugaloe has some good wraps and large burgers. Also their nachos are great.

We we hope to try Nos Clubhouse this trip.

I second Pelican nest is fun for lunch. You can grab a grouper sandwich and a drink and take a swim. No problem coming to bar wet. We jump off dock and swim back around. Your kids should like the Moomba Beach bar too!
    Sean and Susan

Nos Clubhuis, Bugaloe, and the West Deck are our favorites for casual island-y drinks and snacks.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast