Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurants

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    madame janettes, el gaucho, lg smith's, chez matilde, le dome, iguana joes, que pasa, yemanja..
    scott and tricia

We are also going in September for the first time. So far we have reservations for Flying Fishbone and Madame Janette's. I think we'll try to add a couple casual restaurants to the list too.
    Can't wait for September 2008 - Our first trip to Aruba!

Smile local cusine

Don't forget to try Wacky Wahoo and Aruba Destiny.
    Aruba Destiny is an excellent restaurant with great local food. We were there a few weeks ago and were disappointed to see how America's bad economy is affecting this small establishment. Highly recommend. So is Wachy Wahoo.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    I think that both Madame J's and Flying Fishbone are better for dining experience than the food itself. Both menus read really well, but for my taste, many items could use kicking up. For example, I liked the shrimp in casserole with bleu cheese better at Taste Of Belgium than Flying Fishbone.

A new restaurant we just tried and were very impressed by was Gambero Rosso, near the cruise ships. We went for lunch, and a $19.95 lunch menu included Shrimp Bisque that was packed with flavor (better, in fact than Flying Fishbone's Lobster Bisque), and a fresh catch (grouper). Little Italian treats on the plate such as a stromboli, mini quiche, eggplant and zucchini, and a stuffed tomato were welcome.

Currently, my pics are:
    Blossoms
    Gambero Rosso
    La Fondue
    Aqua
    Taste Of Belgium

Passions

Make sure you go to eat before sunset and eat while it is light out. We ate there and while the food was decent it was way to dark outside to eat dinner. Also our experience was the service was bad. We had to go to the bar to get our drinks and our waitress was not around much.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by NealNearNorth View Post
    Currently, my pics are:
    Blossoms
    Gambero Rosso
    La Fondue
    Aqua
    Taste Of Belgium
    In eight trips we haven't been to any of those. That's the trouble with Aruba: too many good restaurants.

Ribs!!!

If you love BBQ ribs try the new rib night at Amazing in San Nicolas on Tues nights. We've gone twice already and they are SO good. Comes with baked potato, baked beans, etc. Delicious!

Thanks Trudy. I'm going to Aruba at the end of May and will def try Amazing for their ribs on Tuesday night!

Thumbs up Pinchos?

Has anyone mentioned Pinchos yet? I absolutely LOVE Pinchos (http://www.interreps.nl/pinchos.htm)! It's very easy to get to via cab or rental car, there's lots of parking and the view/food/service is excellent. The whole restaurant is on a pier over the water not far from the cruise ship terminal. It also has a great bar so if you're just looking for a beautiful spot to have a drink and watch the sunset, this is the place!

Food Safe for Sensitive Stomach

I have a question: I have a VERY sensitive stomach (IBS), is Aruba safe for me? I don't want to get sick while I am down there!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast