Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Restaurants

Restaurants

We have been to aruba six years in row. I want some new recommendations for restaurants. We have our normal ones we visit: Lindas Pancake, Fishes & More, Passions, Chefs Table, Marandis, Madame Jennettes.

Anyone have any recommendations that can top these or feel are equivalent?

Aruba since 1979
    If you like casual and very different i recommend the B-55

it is down beyond the airport in the Balashi area.
    at the lights at the balashi factory, turn left and B55 is up 1/4 mile on the right..

excellent food, pricing and fun relaxed atmosphere.

if you like chinese, i recommend HUNG PARADISE at the seaport rnaissance mall. It is excellent! Eat in or take away.

Quote Originally Posted by arubanole View Post
    We have been to aruba six years in row. I want some new recommendations for restaurants. We have our normal ones we visit: Lindas Pancake, Fishes & More, Passions, Chefs Table, Marandis, Madame Jennettes.

We just got back from two weeks in Aruba. We tried some new places. Our favorite is Wacky Wahoo's. They catch their fish during the day and cook it at night. We had 2 great dinners there. The first night we had fresh wahoo topped with shrimp and scallops. The second night we had kingfish with lobster ravioli. There were 8 of us and everyone loved their food. Desserts are great - limited selection but excellent. It's our new favorite place. It is on restaurant row before you get to Sole Mar.

We also tried Amuse Bistro at Playa Linda - excellent.

Blue Lobster was really bad. The food was heavy and tasteless; vegetables tasted old.

We went back to Papiamento but it wasn't as good as we remembered. It is a beautiful setting but that's about it. Food was so-so. Mine was ok but there are so many other great restaurants we won't be going back.

jaw
    Would also suggest:

Yemanji
    Que Pasa
    Mirandi

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Wacky Wahoo- reservations HIGHLY suggested..super fresh seafood, hot and fast
    Pinchos- on water, great sunset, limited menu but what they have is GOOD !
    LG Smith steakhouse- great ambience, great steaks, impecable service
    CasaTua-great pizza, 4 locations
    Ruins del Mar brunch- to die for, sundays

Just got back tonight from two weeks.

Anna Maria - first time there - excellent dining experience

Cuba's Cooking - at their new location another great meal as well as a good time with dancing and music.

Quote Originally Posted by arubanole View Post

In addition to the ones you mentioned, we also like Carte Blanche, Amadeus, Barefoot, Yemanji, and Papillon.

For casual food we like Bingo and Wacky Wahoo - and we're looking forward to trying Barney's which just opened in Dec.

Another place we're looking forward to trying is 2 Fools And A Bull - they just opened a couple of weeks ago and have the same dining concept as Carte Blanche.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Another place we're looking forward to trying is 2 Fools And A Bull - they just opened a couple of weeks ago and have the same dining concept as Carte Blanche.
    Cannot wait to try it! http://www.2foolsandabull.com/

in aruba now....actually at the airport getting ready to leave but we really enjoyed barefoot, papillon, and smokey joes. i LOVE the all u can eat ribs at Matthews but went to smokey joes this year instead and definitely was NOT a disappointment!! barefoot was one of the best i have been too. AWESOME fish!!! LOVED the grouper at Papillon too!!.....gonna be back in a couple of months and hoping to have some more YUMMY food!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast